SEVENTEEN ⚡️ SEANCE

I don't own anything but original characters I may add.

⚡️

Chapter 17 - Seance

⚡️

"OF ALL GHOSTS, THE GHOSTS OF OLD LOVED ONES ARE THE WORST" {Arthur Conan Doyle}

It was another week before Wally and I felt ready to return to our semi-normal lives without the need of each other's reassurance constantly. He started attending classes again, and I returned to my regular hanging around and training routine- I really needed to find another hobby.

My first week away from Wally, I spent most of my down time paging through the spellbooks I stole from Klarion when I left. Along with practicing simple spells I had formerly skipped to get the hang of general magic, I found a spell I'd never seen before. Whether it was because I'd never been actively searching for it, or because something higher was at play, I didn't know. But it didn't matter because it was time to use it.

So, I pulled my phone out and sent a quick text to Alfred asking him to pick up some supplies on his trip to the store. It was an hour before I got a text informing me that he'd returned with everything I asked for.

"May I ask why you requested that I buy 'seance materials'?" Alfred tentatively held out a plastic bag. I took a peek inside, glad that he could gather everything from the list I gave him. The things I need weren't exceptionally rare, but they weren't your run-of-the-mill items either.

"Reasons," I answered vaguely, smiling while taking the bag from his hand, "I'm assuming the ballroom is open for use?"

Alfred nodded in response. I walked to the ballroom after that. With a bag of seance materials in my hand, and a spellbook tucked in between my arm and torso, I felt like I was finally coming into my magical side. It was nice, and it made me feel whole. The knowledge that I was using a different form of it, and was actively making Klarion mad because of it helped me feel good about it as well.

The Wayne Manor ballroom was fit for royalty. Considering that Bruce held a charity gala at least twice a year, consisting of not only the elites of Gotham, but of many originating from around the globe, it made sense that it could take your breath away as soon as you stepped inside. It was a shame it wasn't used more commonly.

Walking to the very center of the room, I dropped the bag unto the floor with an ungracefulness unfit for the overall atmosphere. Still, no one was there to yell at me for it so I continued on with my preparations.

"Tale as old as time," I sang under my breath, reminiscent of my dance with Wally in a London ballroom dedicated to Beauty and the Beast.

From the bag, I produced several candles. Purple and white. Each color was significant not just to the spell, but to magic overall. The same could be said with a yellow or green candle. With a resounding snap from my fingers, the curtains were drawn, and the candles were placed and lit in a circle surrounding my body.