FIFTEEN ⚡️ TORTURE

I don't own anything but original characters I may add.

⚡️

Chapter 15 - Torture

⚡️

A/n: I love this chapter, but at the same time I feel like it's a bit confusing. The next chapter will explain what happens here a lot better than I can right now without spoiling everything.

 The next chapter will explain what happens here a lot better than I can right now without spoiling everything

"THE SCARIEST MONSTERS ARE THE ONES THAT LURK WITHIN OUR SOULS" {Edgar Allen Poe}

"This should be a simple information retrieval mission from a villain compound near the base of the Appalachian Mountains," Dick addressed the original team. The other members were going through exams in their schools and had requested time off from missions and training, "From what we've gathered already, the plans we're trying to get a hold of a machine the villains are planning to build. We go, get the info, get out."

"Simple enough," I tugged on the sleeves of my uniform, holding back my excitement.

It would be my first trusted mission with the team, without an inhibitor of any kind. It had taken me weeks, nearly two months to gain back the trust I lost, but it was an impressively short amount of time all things considered. That being said, I wasn't going to take their faith in vain. I'd show my worth.

The team gathered around the main screen to look over a blueprint of the building.

"KF and Black Rose, get in there and grab the information. You know the codes for the compound right?"

"If they haven't changed them yes. I'll do what I can either way."

"Good. M'gann and Superboy, keep watch from the outside. Artemis, Kaldur, and I will search inside and destroy any pieces of the machine we find. I know I say this every time, and something always ends up on fire, but let's try to keep it covert."

"Good luck with that," Artemis snorted, gaining laughs from the team. The Young Justice team was famous for failing miserably at covert operations, yet they did really well in thwarting villain's plans.

The air surrounding us when we stepped onto the bio-ship was light. It wasn't a life or death situation, there wasn't a narrow time-limit which we had to meet or risk the world being destroyed. It was a simple retrieve and maybe destroy. Easy. A good start for me, a way to dip my toes in the water. I'd prefer that over fighting ghosts any day.

"Have you ever been to Jitters, in Central City?" Wally spun his chair around to face me.

"I don't think so. It's a coffee place?"

"Yeah. Do you wanna go there this weekend?"

"Sure. How about Saturday?"

"You have plans Friday?"