[ chapter two • she ain't the one ]

Video Credits: xBrokenSecretsx on YouTube

[ Freddy's POV • ]
The rest of the school day went by extremely slow. I kept peeking at my phone to check the time. Finally, three o'clock. The end of the day was here.

I fixed my jacket and spiced up my hair a bit, making sure every strand was set in place. The halls were still a bit crowded, full of kids grabbing their books and bags. I rushed to the cafeteria, which held the empty stage.

Pulling out my phone, I quickly messaged Summer's number.

Meet me in the cafeteria.

I fixed the lights so the spotlight only surrounded the stage. The second I grabbed my guitar, the door opened. It was really hard to see who it was, but the blonde curls made it somewhat obvious. It was go-time.

"Hey. I've liked you for a really long time now and I wish I said how I felt a while ago but I was confused and nervous. But I wanted to make it up for you. So I'm not just telling you I like you, I'm singing it to you." I said.

In my dreams
You're with me
We'll be everything I want us to be
And from there, who knows, maybe this will be the night that we kiss for the first time
Or is that just me and my
Imagination

I sang the entire song, trying harder than I ever have before. In my opinion, it may've been the best cover of Imagination I've ever done.

"I know things have been quite a rollercoaster, but I know how I feel now. Will you be my girlfriend?" I asked.

The lights came back on.

"Of course I will!"

I looked over at the "crowd" to smile, but to my surprise there was no Summer.

The only person sitting in the audience was Kale.

"What the?"

"What's wrong babe?" Kale asked.

I took my phone out of my pocket and checked the message. Shoot! I sent my message to (765) 348-2398 instead of (765) 348-2389. Why does this happen to me? And more importantly, where was Summer? I told her to meet me after school in the first place.

"Oh, uh..nothing." I said.

What am I doing? I just got back together with Kale.

"Wanna go get frozen yogurt?" she said.

I nodded my head, stepping off the stage. I passed Summer while I was strolling down the hall.

"Hang on babe. I have to go get my bag." Kale told me.

Leaving me and Summer alone.

"I've been standing here for twenty minutes. What do you want?" she asked, annoyed.

"Sorry. I..uh..this is a huge misunderstanding."

And with that, I took off.

[ Summer's POV • ]
It's been twenty minutes, where is he? I began impatiently tapping my foot on the floor. Suddenly, two faces came towards me. Freddy.