[ chapter eleven • making it big ]

Video Credits: Prodigy on YouTube

[ Zack's POV • ]
It was almost time to leave the hotel so we could perform, and I was nervous. I know, it seems impossible for the "Zack Attack" to have fear, but I've never performed in front of such a large crowd of people. We were going to sing "Somebody to You". We wasted so much time causing drama that we barely had any time to rehearse. As I locked the door and made my way to the vending machine, I heard a voice.

A beautiful voice.

The vending machine was right between our hotel room and the girls', so it had to be coming from one of those two rooms.

I pressed my ear against the door, trying to comprehend the lyrics.

"Sometimes it's all just a little too much."

That song. It was Tomika. She could sing it. She could do it. I listened in awe for a few minutes, imagining her beautiful face on the other side of the door.

Holy crap.

I like Tomika.

[ Tomika's POV • ]
I sat down, taking a deep breath. We were about to leave, but something didn't seem complete. I grabbed my guitar and hopped onto the soft, bouncy mattress.

Sometimes it's all just a little too much
But you got to realize
That soon the fog will clear up..

After clearing the last word of the song, I made my way towards the door, only to hear a loud bang followed by a troubled Zack sprinting through the halls. "Zack? What are you doing?" I called. Jerking his head towards me, I noticed his cheeks flush a light pink. "I was getting something out of the vending machine." he said. "And you needed to act like you were being chased by zombies for what reason?" I asked. "Boredom." he muttered. Sometimes I worry about him. Since it was just about time to go, I began heading to the car.

Around an hour later, we finally made it to the complex where we would be performing. After hair and makeup, we did a bit of rehearsing. Time was soon up and we were just minutes away from being on stage in front of thousands of people.

"And I would like to show you for the first time ever, School of Rock!" the hostess cheered. We made our way to the stage as I glanced at the anxious audience. I stepped over to the center of the stage, my microphone gripped in my hand. "I'm Tomika, and over there is Summer, Freddy, Mr. Finn (or Dewey) , Lawrence, and Zack. Who's ready to rock?" I called. The crowd replied with a load of screams and shouts. "You guys may know this song; it's called Somebody to You." I said. "One, two, three; hit it!" Freddy shouted.

Yeah you!
Yeah you!
I used to wanna be
Living like there's only me
And now I spend my time
Thinking 'bout a way to get you off my mind (yeah you!)
I used to be so tough
Never really gave enough
And then you caught my eye
Giving me the feeling of a lightning strike (Yeah you!)
Look at me now, I'm falling
I can't even talk, still stuttering
This ground of mine keeps shaking
Oh oh oh, now!
All I wanna be, yeah all I ever wanna be, yeah, yeah
Is somebody to you
All I wanna be, yeah all I ever wanna be, yeah, yeah
Is somebody to you
Everybody's trying to be a billionaire
But every time I look at you I just don't care
'Cause all I wanna be, yeah all I ever wanna be, yeah, yeah
Is somebody to you (yeah you!)