[ chapter seven • it's a deal ]

Video Credits: ElenaSk8erGirl on YouTube

[ Summer's POV • ]
It was Monday, and quite chilly for an October day in Texas. I was grabbing my books out of my locker when I spotted Tomika by the water fountain.

"Hi Tomika." I said, confronting my best friend.

"Oh, hey."

"You know how you like Zack, right?" I blurted.

"I'm pretty aware of that."

"Let's make a deal. If the band is back together and we have a plan for new instruments by the end of the day, you have to tell Zack how you feel."

"Deal, that's never going to happen." she laughed.

"Just wait and see."

[ Mr. Finn's POV • ]
Ever since I was offered the job of being a teacher, I've been late. Everyday. But today I was here early. Before all the kids came.

Well, five minutes before they all came.

The room almost seemed to fill with darkness as they all entered. Yet somehow everyone seemed to be happy, except Zack.

"Zack, just talk to us!" Summer said.

"You guys don't understand. Your dumb girl drama cost us the band." Zack told the class.

"But it didn't." I spoke up.

The students looked up.

"Zack, we're all ready. We want to be School of Rock. In order to maintain a good band, there are going to be mistakes and problems along the way. We're counting on you." I stated.

"Come on, for us?" Tomika begged.

"Alright." Zack answered.

Wow. All it took was one short statement and he was back in. Now there was only one more problem to face.

"But what about the instruments? Those must've cost hundreds to thousands of dollars." Lawrence said.

The class groaned.

"Wait! Zack, did you ever start a business when we shared my locker?" Summer questioned.

"Of course I did, why?"

"We need the money. Sorry, it's our only solution."

"Or I could pay people to look at my amazing hair." Freddy suggested.

"No one's going to pay to see that." Summer laughed.

Zack sighed, pulling the money out of his backpack. He handed it over to me as I counted it.

"School of Rock is back in session!" I screamed.

[ Tomika's POV • ]
The band was back together and the instrument issue was solved. Why does this have to happen to me? I'm not upset that we're School of Rock but I was almost positive it's be impossible to get Zack on the same train as us.