[ chapter four • jealous ]

Video Credits: nycgirlxx on YouTube

[ Summer's POV • ]
Trudging through the halls, I came to the realization that I got absolutely no sleep last night. Due to all my problems recently, it was hard to focus on school, and most importantly, the band.

"Tomika!" I called, seeing her walk towards me in the hallways.

"What?" she asked, yawning.

"Asher completely friend-zoned me yesterday!"

"That's great!"

I gave her a puzzled face. Why was she happy that I was in so much drama pain?

"I mean, that stinks. Sorry, I thought you were still interested in Freddy or something." she sighed.

Freddy. Cute, innocent, perfect haired Freddy.

Wait, was I supposed to be hating him?

Shoot.

"Freddy? It's complicated. He didn't tell me that there was recently a period in time where he wasn't with Kale so he technically started all this drama." I complained.

"Have you ever thought that maybe he didn't tell you because he didn't think it'd effect you? Remember Summer, he's completely clueless when it comes to your "crush" on him." Tomika reminded me.

"Oh, you're right! How are you so good at all of this?" I asked her.

"What, all of this love and drama stuff?" she questioned me.

I nodded my head.

"I've had a lot of trouble with Za...zapping out my brothers in this new video game! Yeah, it's filled with drama. Well, got to go. See you later!" she said, rushing away.

Well that was odd, I'm no video game genius, but I don't think Tomika's older brothers were interested in "drama-filled" video games.

Kale, Kale, Kale. That's what seemed to be the hot conversation in Mr. Finn's class. With Tomika's advice, I concluded that I should stop being mad at Freddy. Clearly, it was all my fault. And clearly, I was too late. I needed to find a way for him to see what he was missing out on, me.

"Zack, can you meet me after class? I need to ask you something." I told him.

"Sure, as long as it doesn't involve picking up pencils off of the floor." He answers, shifting his heard towards Tomika's desk.

Hm, wonder what that was about.

Once the bell rang, Zack waited for me to grab my things and we headed to my locker.

"Do you remember that one time we fake-dated so I could write a love song and you could impress your brother?" I asked.

"Oh God. There is no way I am going through that misery again." he moaned.

"Insulting!" I yelled, punching him in the arm.

"Anyways, can we please do it again? I need to do it to make someone jealous." I begged.