[ chapter ten • summer's love song ]

Video Credits: ElenaSk8erGirl on YouTube

[ Summer's POV • ]
It was Saturday. Today we were performing in front of thousands of strangers, all eyes on us. We didn't go on until the evening, so we had the whole day to relax and rehearse. Curling my hair, I glanced around the hotel room. Of course, Tomika was still sleeping.

"Oh my god. Tomiks! You completely slept in, it's already two o'clock!" I joked.

"What? Shoot, why didn't you wake me up?" Tomika yelled, jumping off her bed.

"I'm kidding. It's still nine in the morning."

"I hate you."

"No you don't." I told her.

"I know. Why are you up so early anyway?" Tomika asked me.

"Because it's time. I'm finally going to tell Freddy how I feel. And I need to look amazing, which means I have to put a lot of effort in my appearance."

"He's just a guy, you don't need to try so hard." Tomika reminded me.

"I know, I just get scared."

"Don't be, it will go fine."

I grabbed my hairspray and sprayed it all over my waves.

"Good luck." Tomika said as I grabbed my guitar.

"I'll need it." I replied.

After grabbing a quick breakfast, I looked around for Freddy. No luck. I decided to text Lawrence to see if he knew where Freddy wandered off to.

"Hey Lawrence. Have you seen Freddy? I need to talk to him." -Summer

Somehow, Lawrence responded almost instantly. It was most likely because that kid is glued to his phone.

"Yeah, he's on the dock." -Lawrence

The dock was about a five minute walk, so I decided instead of checking my Instagram feed I would take a look around. There were really pretty flowers all around me, along with some trees. The hotel had recently opened, so everything was in great condition. Finally, I started to see the lake. It was quite small, but the water was beautiful. I took a right turn to the dock and immediately saw Freddy.

"Hey Freddy can I...." I began.

He was busy.

Extremely busy.

And what was he doing?

It was almost too cliche. He was kissing another girl.

He looked up, almost like he was hurt.

But I was the broken one.

"Nevermind." I muttered, my voice trembling.

I ran off of the dock, back to the hotel. I could hear Freddy calling my name, but I didn't care.

I wasn't going back.

[ Freddy's POV • ]
Recently, I had barely been getting any sleep. For some reason, I went to sleep early last night but woke up before dawn. I decided to head out to the lake to watch the sunrise.