Chapter Eleven

*Holly*
I woke up really disoriented. I wasn’t quite sure what day it was, and it took me more than a few minutes to remember why I was asleep on Zack’s bed alone. The others had abandoned me! At least it was all in good reason, I suppose. When I glanced at the clock, it said 1:00 pm. Next to it had a note saying, “Meet me at The London Eye. I’ll be waiting :) – Zack”

I got up and changed into a pretty casual shirt and skirt and untied my hair from the bun I had been sporting. Once I brushed through it as well as my teeth, I slipped into a pair of floral sneakers and grabbed my bag and phone. The next thing I knew, I was racing down the streets of London.

I didn’t wake up when Zack came back in the room to post the note, so I wasn’t sure how long he’d been waiting. And why did he want me to meet him at The London Eye? I wasn’t about to lie and say I wasn’t nervous.

When I finally arrived at the massive Ferris wheel, Zack was sitting on a bench, smiling at an old couple that was passing by. I stood a bit off to the side and watched as his face lit up when the elderly lady kissed her husband’s cheek randomly. The whole thing was honestly so adorable. Zack looked down at his watch and looked around the area, appearing to be frustrated. At least he was until he saw me.

“Holly!” he shouted, jumping up from his seat and running toward me.

“Hi,” I blushed, looking down at my feet.

“I thought you weren’t going to come,” he admitted with a small smile gracing his lips.

“Are you kidding? I fell back asleep and was out longer than planned. I got here as quickly as I could after I found the note next to the clock. I’m sorry I kept you waiting,” I rambled.

“No, don’t worry! I should’ve waited until you were awake. I just thought it would be a nice surprise?” Zack began to second guess his own motives.

“Well it’s a good thing I like surprises,” I beamed, elbowing him in the side playfully.

“Good then. Marianne told me you always wanted to come here so I figured it would be fun if I brought you. I hope that’s okay.”

It was really cute how Zack was always a bit insecure in everything, really. Although I did wish that he would earn himself a bit more confidence. The only thing he ever seemed sure of was working out all the time and playing music.

“Thank you,” I smiled. I took a leap of bravery and looped my arm through his, which was something I rarely even did with my closest friends.

“Well let’s get to it!” he was excited and practically dragged me into the next capsule, which was surprisingly empty.

“Where are all the other people?” I questioned, in shock that there were barely any people at all on the whole ride.

“There’s some festival in town and I heard Imagine Dragons are performing there today. I’m sure most everyone is there,” he shrugged. It made sense, really. If I hadn’t been fulfilling one of my dreams with Zack Merrick, I probably would’ve been there too. Imagine Dragons were killer.

“Well thank you for this, Zack. You don’t know how much this means to me. I’ve always dreamt of coming here and having the time of my life and you’re actually helping to make it happen. You’re the best.” I was in such a happy mood that I wrapped my arms around his waist and his own tightened around me.

“I should be the one thanking you,” Zack murmured against my hair.

“Why would you thank me?”