Chapter Twelve

*Marianne*

It was our fifth day in London and I was tired. 

After Jack had posted that picture with me on Instagram the day before, my notifications blew up. People automatically thought we were dating and I honestly didn’t realize how much hate the boys’ girlfriends got on a daily basis.

The fans found my Twitter and Facebook through Instagram and immediately started adding and following me. Jack also followed me on Twitter of course, which only made my notifications blow up even more.

You’re not pretty enough for him.

Ugly bitch, what does Jack see in you?

He’s only using you for sex. After one night, he’ll be gone.

I laughed out loud at the last one, even though Jack got mad that his fans were treating me like that. I knew that they were only jealous that I was friends with him. I’ll admit I used to be one of those girls, minus the harsh words. 

So my evening was spent replying to the positive tweets asking how I was, what other bands I listened to, and what hair dye I used. Add in the fact that Jack had cuddled into my side on his bed,  put on Home Alone, and ordered a couple of pizzas and I was actually happy. I ended up falling asleep with Jack’s arm slung over my stomach and my legs entangled with his.

When I woke up the next day, I was incredibly worn out. I just didn’t have the energy to get out of bed even though I realized I was still in my clothes from the day before and I really had to pee. Mine and Jack’s legs were still tangled together and his mop of hair was splattered across his forehead. 

When I no longer could resist the urge to urinate, I hesitantly scooted my way off of the bed and walked to the bathroom, which Zack was just leaving.

“Hey, I’ve been meaning to thank you,” he said in a soft voice in attempt to not wake anyone else.

“Why would you thank me?” I asked in utter confusion.

“Jack’s been more of himself since we’ve been here. You make him happy, and that makes the rest of us happy. Just whatever you do, don’t give up on him, okay?” Zack pulled me into a tight hug to complete his thanks.

“I wouldn’t even if I could,” I nearly whispered into his shoulder. 

“Good,” Zack smiled. “Could you also make sure he takes one of these? He hasn’t been since we’ve been here.”

He handed me a bottle of prescription pills and I looked at him in confusion.

“They’re anti-depressants,” he answered my unasked question.

“Oh,” was all I could think to say.

Jack was depressed? I would’ve never guessed that. I mean sure he’s been a bit emotional over the past few days with me, but I thought he was just lonely and lacking self-confidence. Huh.

I made it my life mission to make sure he was okay. He had thousands upon thousands of people looking up to him; he was their sunshine on the dark days. Hell, he was my sunshine too! He always went out of his way to make sure everyone around him was happy, he wore his heart on his sleeve, and he was so passionate about his music and band.

I wasn’t sure why, but Jack basically had me wrapped around his finger. Maybe it was because I got to see the real him and he trusted me with that. Either way, I knew I was already in too deep and he was going to be stuck with me for a long time.