Chapter Thirteen

*Holly*

I was the only one in Zack’s bed when I woke up. Rian was still fast asleep on his couch while Jack and Marianne were cuddling on Jack’s – well at this point, I guess it was both of theirs – bed. I just lay there and stared at the ceiling for a good ten minutes before gaining enough energy to get out of bed.

After changing into some skinny jeans and a Pierce the Veil tee, I grabbed my phone and walked out hotel room’s door and without thinking, ended up in the lobby. Zack was sitting on a couch with some crying girl.

“You saved my life,” I heard her sob into Zack’s shoulder.

I couldn’t help but get a little jealous and I saw him comfort her and pull her close to himself, stroking her hair softly.

He shushed her ear-piercing sobs and said, “I didn’t save your life; you did that all on your own. But I’m glad our music could help you get strong enough to do it. Now I want you to stay just that strong for me, okay? Don’t let anyone tell you you’re not good enough or you’re not worth it. I know you are, and I love you even if you ever think no one else does. Just promise you’ll remember that.”

I was in awe. I’d only seen this side of any of the All Time Low boys in YouTube videos, and it honestly warmed my heart to see Zack caring so much about a fan.
Her cries only got louder as she looked up at his face and shrieked, “Thank you, I love you!” before jumping up from the couch, covered her face with shaking hands, and flee from the building.

“That was cute,” I say, making Zack nearly fall off of the couch.

“Yeah, sometimes a fan or two will find out where we’re staying and meet us. We love them, no matter how much they invade our privacy. Its stories like that girl’s that make everything we do worthwhile. She told me she was suicidal before she found our music. She used to play bass and that’s why she picked me as her favorite. Plus she used to have social anxiety and said since I don’t talk much, she didn’t feel so bad.”

“Aww, look at you being a life-saving rock star. You know, that’s why I liked your band from the start. Even in the midst of all the dick jokes and partying, you guys care so much about your fans and it’s actually kind of cute to see it in person,” I admit.

“Oh, you think I’m cute, huh?” Zack was teasing me and I knew he wasn’t going to let up anytime soon.

I snorted and answered, “No, I think how much you cared about that girl was cute. You made her day when you said you loved her.”

“I see what it is – you’re jealous! Holly, if you wanted some Zacky love, all you had to do was ask.”

“Did you just refer to yourself as Zacky, and in third person?” I was clutching my sides from laughing so hard.

Zack just scoffed and said, “You just wish you thought of it yourself.”

“Well I might as well call you that from now on anyway.”

“Wait, no. Don’t you dare.”

“Don’t I dare do what, Zacky?” I was full on smirking now, but Zack had the upper hand – he tickled me.

I ended up lying on my back, squirming and laughing uncontrollably.

Zack finally let me breathe by stopping his quick fingers. He had a cheesy grin on his face and muttered, “Stop being so damn adorable.”

I was a bit astounded. He thought I was adorable? Okay.

“But you seem to like it well enough,” I retorted.