Chapter Fourteen

*Marianne*

I was happy. Jack and I were – well, I didn’t know what we were but whatever it was, it was nice. He could and would kiss me on the cheek at random moments or twist my fingers between his own when I least expected it. It was adorable, really. We were sitting on his bed, taking silly-face selfies for Instagram when Alex got the phone call.

All I heard was, “Hello? Yeah, this is Alex... What? But that wasn’t supposed to be for a few more days! We’re not ready! No, look. We can’t just... I see. Well, fine. Yeah, see you then. Thanks.” Then Alex fell backwards onto his bed, frustrated.

“Dude, what’s going on? It seemed serious,” Jack asked.

“Our show’s been pushed up to tomorrow. We’re playing fucking Hyde Park tomorrow, the crew’s not here yet, and it’s our job to tell the fans about the change. That’s what’s going on,” Alex spat out.

“What the hell? We had the show planned for Saturday for months in advance! We should sue,” Jack suggested.

Rian laughed bitterly and said, “No, that’s not a good idea. Let’s be grownups here.”

“Yeah, let’s just try to make this work. I’m calling the crew and getting them on the first flight here. I’m going to go find Zack and get him in here. Marianne, can you and the other girls help spread the word about the show? It’s sold out and I’d hate if any of the fans spent their money on us and couldn’t make it. If they can’t come, they’re getting refunds no matter what the idiots in charge say.” Alex was fuming, but I couldn’t help but admire how he always put the fans first.

“I’ll do that,” I promised. “I’m sure Holly is with Zack, so you can get her too.”

And with that, Alex was out the door, running. I walked into what was now my old room in a way and found Carly and Michaela sitting on their beds eating pizza and watching Mean Girls. I informed them what was happening and they immediately grabbed their phones and took action. I joined in on the tweeting, sending out a message saying:

All Time Low fans planning to attend the show in London Saturday- it’s rescheduled to tomorrow. If you can’t attend, refunds will be given.

Having a 140 character limit sucked. But it was to the point and I could only hope that the few thousands of All Time Low fans that had followed me over the years would actually bother to read the tweet. I then searched for tweets relating to the show and messaged those people individually, just in case.

I heard the door burst open and Zack asked in a rather loud voice, “What is this band meeting about? Who fucked up this time?” I didn’t fail to notice the pointed look he gave Jack, and I felt the need to take Jack’s hand in mine in attempt to comfort him. Zack was being cruel and we all knew it, as even Holly flinched at his words.

“The people in charge fucked up, that’s who. It’s none of our faults, and we don’t have our gear, our crew, or anything. I just don’t know what we’re going to do. I called Vinny and the first flight they can catch is at five their time, meaning they wouldn’t get here until around ten in the morning. The show is at two, so that’s not going to give us much time to set up and have a soundcheck. Do we just wing it?” Alex was pacing the floor in between beds, and tugging mindlessly at his hair.

“Let’s just go with it and do the best we can. I mean that’s already all we can do; we just have to accept it and put on one of the best shows of our lives tomorrow. We can do this,” Rian declared.

Alex nodded and said, “You’re right. I need to stop worrying and just get a drink. Who’s with me?”

Zack, Jack, and Rian’s hands immediately shot up.

“I’m here to have a good time, what about you three?” Michaela asked the rest of us.

Carly and Holly shrugged, not being too much into drinking. I nodded and decided on the spot to change into a decent dress and heels. The others were quick to follow.

“Marianne, I’m afraid.” Holly whispered once we were out of hearing distance of the others.

“You’ll be fine; Zack’s not going to let anything happen to you,” I promise.

“I know that, but I’ve never been to a club! Zack was trying to tell me something earlier – I’m not quite sure what it was but I don’t want to mess anything up by getting drunk.”

“He’s finally speaking up! Thank God. It’s about fucking time. You’ll be grand. Just remember who he is and what he’s capable of, okay?” I don’t know why I had to remind her that he’s ‘famous’; I just didn’t want to see her get hurt. Of course anyone with eyes could see how Zack looked at her though, so I knew there wasn’t any real reason to worry.

Holly just rolled her eyes. “I know, I know. But what’s going on with you and Jack? Has anything happened there yet?”

“Well-”

“Did you kiss? Oh my God, spill the details now!”

“It’s nothing, really. He just needed me, and I was there. We kissed a bit – okay, a lot – and I want to stick around. He needs someone to stay and actually care and I want to be that person.”

“That is so cute. Y’all are adorable. Congrats!” Holly was ecstatic.

I gave my thanks and we finished getting changed to go out. Jack and Zack were slapping each other playfully when we emerged from the bathroom after doing our hair and makeup.

Jack’s eyes widened and he said, “Damn, you girls clean up nice. But I’m still prettier than both of you, so.”

“Of course you are Jack. You’re beautiful. Now let’s get a move on, shall we?” I was ready to let loose. That’s one perk of having lived in Ireland for nearly ten years – I knew how to hold my liquor.

We caught up to the others in no time and ended back at the same club that Jack had taken me to just two days before. The sun was just setting outside and the music was blaring loud through the open door in that alley. I knew that it was going to a good night. And that was the night that changed it all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ayoooooo. Here's a filler. Enjoy!
Like and/or comment? I love you guys.
~ Hayley