Chapter Fifteen

*Holly*
It was Thursday, our sixth day in the city. Time was flying by fast, and I woke up with a massive headache. I had my first ever hangover. The previous night’s happenings came flooding back to me and I smiled.

Jack had led us to some sketchy club in a barely lit alley. He told us he and Marianne had been there before, so we all put our blind trust in him. It was nice inside though and not crowded at all.

I decided to try my luck with some beer – I’d only tasted alcohol twice in my life before the trip. It tasted really bitter and quite gross in my opinion, but I decided it was time that I let loose and have some fun.

After a couple of drinks, Zack asked me to dance. I was past the point of caring about my awkwardness and agreed on the spot. He tugged at my hand and led me away from the bar, pulling me close to him. We danced for what seemed like forever, and he was better than I’d expected.

The others reluctantly joined us after noticing how much fun we were having. We danced and drank for a few hours before finally stumbling our way back to the hotel, where most of us went straight to bed.

Zack and I on the other hand, we ended up staying up for a few hours playing 20 questions. Cliché, I know. One of the most important answers of all – I learned that he did in fact know that his bass was a bright shade of pink, and he openly accepted the feminine color. We ended up falling asleep just as the sun was rising, and I was happier than I’d been in a long time.

Waking up with a hangover wasn’t as bad as I had imagined it would be. Yes, I had a pounding headache and felt like I would puke if I made one wrong move, but I was alive. I was actually living, unafraid.

Zack was sound asleep next to me, softly snoring. Jack and Marianne were cuddled together on their bed and Alex and Carly were asleep on opposite sides of Alex’s. Michaela was snoring up a storm in Rian’s bed, while he was out on the couch. I smiled as I looked around the room at my friends before sliding off of my bed and rummaging through my bag looking for Tylenol.

Once I had taken my pain reliever, showered, and changed into some boyfriend jeans, a comfy tee, and a light jacket since it was beginning to rain, I finally shook Zack awake.

“Wake up, rockstar. You have a show in a few hours,” I said quietly.

Zack groaned and stretched before grabbing his iPhone and glancing at the time.

“Fuck!” he shouted, jumping up from the bed and screaming at the others to wake up.

“Was I supposed to wake you up earlier?” I asked, confused.

“No, we didn’t have a set time or anything. We’re usually all up hours before now. You didn’t do anything wrong. Thanks for waking me up,” Zack rushed out and kissed me on the forehead.

“Anytime,” I mumbled faintly.

Alex and Rian were up and rushing around to get ready to pick up the crew. Jack and Zack were trying to make sure we were already to head to Hyde Park. I was standing there, trying to remember how to breathe in the midst of all the commotion.

~~

Everyone had made it just in time to set up the gear while the opening band, Late Nite Reading, hit the stage. When we got there, there was already a crowd of more than 200 girls screaming at Dalton, Clayton, Brady, and Drew onstage. I loved how energetic they were when we jumped out of the cab near the gate and made a mad dash for the backstage area.

Alex introduced me to the crew and as Late Nite Reading played their last song, he took off to the stage in hopes of a mini soundcheck. Evan and Jeff gestured for me to stick with them.

After a half hour of the band and crew running around like chickens that had their heads cut off, the boys finally hit the stage. Michaela, Marianne, Carly, and I had the choice of hanging out backstage until the end of the show or rocking out in the front row. Naturally we all chose the latter.

“How are you sexy British fuckers?!” Alex shouted into his microphone, earning screams from pretty much the entire crowd.

I was nearly just in front of Zack, and he kept casting smiles my way during the show, earning glares from the girls around me. I didn’t let it bother me one bit – I was just happy to be there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Writer's block is a bitch. 
I'm not at all happy with this chapter, but I hope it's alright.
I promise the story is about to pick up!
If you're reading this, thank you so much. ilysm.
Like, comment, follow! Please and thanks! <3
~ Hayley