Chapter 1

I stood stagnant, stuck in my usual daze. Ignoring everything else around me, emerging my mind in thoughts of the item in front of me.

A blank canvas.

Paint dripped messily off of my brush, causing huge, colourful splatters to appear on the floor.

Once finally snapping back into reality, I placed my paint brush into a tin of water and sat over unto my  couch.

At one point in time, my couch had been white. It probably wasn't the best idea.... considering that's it's covered in the colourful paint that I managed to spill on it one day.

I'm quite clumsy actually...

I bet you'd think that since I'm an "artist" I'd be living in some fancy penthouse, or mansion.

Not the case... but at least I still don't live in my parent's house.

I couldn't go back to them even if I tried to anyways... They hated me.

I guess I just wasn't good enough for them...

Shaking off the thought, I popped my earbuds in and laid sideways on to my couch.

I loved watching art youtubers.... they helped to inspire me.

Correction. They helped to fuel me.... They kept me interested.

If I didn't have art, I didn't know where I'd be now.

Sadly...the side effect of deciding to stick with my hobby made it harder on me.

Art was one of the only things that sparked my interest... other than music.

Working with art it isn't the easiest.... I haven't had a decent piece done in months.

I shifted my eyes back down to the time on my phone. It was only three in the morning, but I was pretty tired...

Before I knew it, I had fallen asleep.

-=+=-

The warmth from the sun lingered on my face, causing me to open my eyes.

Without thinking, I quickly stood up and checked the time again.

It was now five thirty, so I decided that it was the perfect time to go outside.

I haven't been outside for at least a week now, so hopefully it will help inspire me.

Tying my hair back into a pony tail, I grabbed my sketch book from the coffee table.

Upon opening the door, I was faced with the impact of the sun shining directly into my face. "I'm melting! I'm melting! Someone help me!!" I yelped. Some person walking back into their apartment looked at me like I was mad. I quickly apologized to them, and virtually face palmed myself.

"Good one, Alex" I mumbled to myself.

I ignored the stares around me and focused on the scenery itself.

The sky was beautiful, It was a deep shade of blue, and scattered with hundreds of white fluffy clouds.

Something seemed special about the trees though...

They were same as always, but it just felt like they held a deeper shade of green, or held some sort of beautiful mist.. Which drew me to them.

Looking over to one of the trees, I noticed a hooded individual. They leaned weakly against the tree, sitting down.

Are they the reason?

No.

I looked over to them. Their face... Almost completely hidden.

"Stop looking at them..." I thought to myself.

My legs obviously didn't listen, considering that I walked over to...

Her.

"H-Hey!" I said awkwardly. "How are you? You look a little distant. Is everything alright?"

Why, Why, Why..

Why did I do that?

She looked up at me in confusion, a strand of her light brown hair, falling out of place.

"You......" She paused. "I'm fine... thanks."

I felt like I've heard her voice before..

"I think I've seen you around here before! What's your name?" I let out my words a bit more confidently.

She looked at me nervously and readjusted her hood to cover her face, placing on a pair of glasses.

"I...have to go. I'm sorry." She said softly.

Without giving me a chance to reply, she walked away.

"Huh..." I said to myself. "Do I smell that bad??"

I sat under the tree, near to where she sat and looked up.

Her actions wandered around my thoughts, causing me to wonder why she really did run off like that.

Maybe, she's anti-social like I am?

I laughed at the thought.

Being the artist I am, I wanted to know how her face looked under that hoodie.... It looked like she tried extremely hard to hide it.

My hand hovered over my sketch book.

Maybe drawing might take my mind off of it.....

I picked up my pencil, and started to draw a few random lines and scribbles on a blank page.

Soon enough my scribbles started to form together into a proper piece.

After it came together, I crumpled up the page... throwing it on the grass next to me.

It was a drawing of the girl I just talked to a while ago.

This feeling was strange...considering that I hated anything to do with other people.

I was about to just pick up my book and leave, until a decently dressed guy walked up to me.

"Anxiety.... leave me alone..." I thought to myself. "He's not going to murder you.... I mean he could... but probably not."

"Hey, are you Alexandra Davis?" He looked down at me.

His voice was pretty low, and.. slightly stern in a way.

"Uh... yeah, why?" I asked hesitantly.

How did he know my name?

"I've heard a lot about you, and your artwork. You seem to be a pretty great artist." The man's neutral glare shifted into a small smile.

"You have? From where?" I asked curiously. I didn't put my work out there very much.

"Well. One of my friends recommended you to me. He showed me a lot of your digital art you posted online." He continued.

Recommended me??? For what?

"I think you have the wrong person, I'm sorry." I explained to him.

"Hmmm." He thought for a second.

The man walked up to me, and reached over to my side.

He picked up the crumpled piece of paper, and opened it up... Revealing my drawing.

"I'm not sure if you know who I am or not, Davis." He said coldly. "But I need a designer."

A designer? I think he's got the wrong idea about me.

"Think about it." The man slipped a business card into my hand. "You have until Tuesday." He chuckled, and walked away.

What... Just happened?