Chapter 7

A/N- I apologize for the lack of chapters this week. Hurricane Irma was on her period or something and decided to visit the beach... My electricity didn't actually get cut off for very long along with my area not receiving much damage luckily. But as a reward, this chapter is a bit longer than usual.

Avery looked over at me, with an unreadable expression. She seemed to be in thought.

She walked over to the bench, and took a seat next to me.

"Hey, Alex! Are you busy later?" There was a lot of excitement tied in with her voice.

"Nope! I finished all of my work for today really..." I nodded.

"Guess what?" She grinned. "I'm not busy either! Later.. do you want to go out somewhere?"

"Platonically..." She coughed nervously, her face was bright red. Hmmm...

I laughed. "Platonically? So like a friend date?"

"Yeah! Exactly!" Avery nodded.

"That's fine with me then!"

A smiled was plastered across her face.

"Okay! So how about I pick you up at five?" She asked excitedly.

"Sounds good.. where are we going?"

"You'll find that out later..But you can dress casually." Avery grinned.

I hate surprises.. but I'll just go with it.

"Mmm... alright."

I'm totally bringing my sketch book..

"See you then, I guess!" Avery waved adorably, before walking away.

After she left, I awkwardly looked around for things to do until then.

It was only ten in the morning so it would be quite a while until I see her again.

-=+=-

The door bell rang.. along with a bit of knocking, causing me to smile.

In a hurry, I quickly rushed to check my mirror again before walking back over to the door.

I gripped a hold of the silver door knob and gently opened the door.

My smile faded, and instead of happiness.. I felt scared.

A strong feeling of fear guilt, and anxiety all rushed in at once.

The face was familiar indeed.. but it was not the one I was hoping for.  It was one I thought I'd never see again.. or at least in such a different state.

She looked me up and down, and snickered. "Ahh, so you've grown into a slut."

I looked back down at my outfit, and looked over to her.

It was a black twenty one pilots t-shirt, and a pair of ripped jeans.

Seeing her face almost made me cry right then and then.

She had looked so beautiful before..

It's like her beauty is now hidden under a pile of wrinkles, bloodshot eyes and many strategically placed dark patches.

"Why.. are you here?" I asked, very bluntly.

The lady lifted up her fragile hand, and slapped me right across the face. Sending a very sharp pain down to my jaw, and the rest of my face.

"That's no way to talk to your mother. I'm the woman that brought you into this world." She scowled.

I rolled my eyes. "You're the woman that left me behind. Left us all behind. I thought you cared for me.. because you were the only one that has ever been there for me when I needed them, but I guess not."