Chapter 31

Avery's POV

A couple of days had passed before Alex decided to send a text message. So I spent my Tuesday evening at her apartment. 

We made brief eye contact as she let me inside. 

Alex sat beside me on her couch with two glasses of water. "So you said you needed time to think about things. What all did you have to think about?" She asked, breaking the silence. 

"I don't want to sound cliche," I shook my head. 

"Doesn't matter," Alex shrugged. 

"You're like one of those girls from the movies who gets all the characters to fall in love with her, I don't know," I admitted,  "And then I fell in love with you and got scared."

"Bailey, you literally could have just told me that! Feelings are weird and things happen."

"For future reference just know that I'm here, okay? You can't just shut people out for a bit and expect them to understand what you're going through. Trust me, I tried it and it never works." 

"Right."

"Can I ask you another question?" Alex asked, looking at me. 

I nodded. 

"So, what about 'Avery'?"

"Done hiding from people," I shrugged. "Too much work, not worth it, and it's not fair to you."

There was a long pause before Alex cleared her throat and spoke again. 

 "In case you're still thinking about Friday, I love you too. It's obvious," Alex explained, breaking eye contact with me. "I told you already, and my feelings won't change for you anytime soon regardless of the situation."

 "Well, why didn't you say anything? You left me standing there like an idiot," I retorted, trying not to sound too upset about it. 

"You said a lot of things, and my thoughts were all over the place," She started, making a quick glance in my direction. "I missed you a lot," Alex admitted.

"I missed you too," I replied softly. "If you want to actually break up with me, I understand. What I did was really uncalled for. I'm confusing, and if you just want to be like... friends or something I'm cool with that." 

Alex leaned forward to wrap her arms around my shoulder. "I think you know full and well that probably wouldn't work out," She shook her head, her lips forming into a playful smirk. 

She saw my blank expression before she leaned in to place a small kiss on my lips. "I want you."

The words were like a light switch because as soon as she said them I felt the biggest grin on my face. I brought my hands down to her waist, pulling her into a soft, much-needed kiss. She reacted immediately, her body melting into my touch. 

My eyes closed instinctively as she deepened the kiss. Bringing up the heat. I felt a burning fire linger throughout my system. I could feel her lips begging for more. I wanted to push it further, but I just smiled and pulled away. "As much as I would love to have sex with you on the couch right now," I started, biting my bottom lip involuntarily as my eyes scanned her body, "I just want to hold you to embrace the moment I guess?" I admitted. "Check me back in fifteen minutes," I teased. 

Alex playfully rolled her eyes, letting out a little sigh of defeat. "And I thought I was the boring one," she joked as she sat up, leaning her head against my shoulder. 

"Can't I be sappy for once?" I asked her, giving her a playful nudge on the shoulder. 

"Your timing is awful," Alex smiled and shook her head. 

"Well, I'm surprised you're not used to it yet," I stuck out my tongue a couple of seconds, before gently running my hands through her hair and bringing her into a warm embrace.

"I'm getting there," Alex hummed. "Movie? Rebbeca kinda got me into watching Netflix again," She explained. 

"Sure," I responded. I had no reason to be jealous. Did that help my case? Not exactly, because I just paused after that and my eyes averted to the ceiling. Alex noticed. 

"Don't worry about her. She was actually the one to convince me to text you back today so we could work things out." 

I let out a sigh of relief. 

Alex reached over to dim the lights and pick up her remote from off of her side table, selecting a show called 'The Good Place'.  

After that, we really didn't need words. I kissed her forehead, pulling her closer to 'steal' her warmth. 

An hour passed, and at about three episodes in I realized that I wasn't even focusing on the show anymore. I was just focusing on her enjoying it. The little smiles she made when there was a funny joke or plot twist revealed. 

"I love you."  The words slipped from out of my lips inadvertently. "You mean a lot to me."

"I love you too," Alex responded with a soft smile, lifting up the remote to pause the episode. 

I couldn't help but smile back. "Hey, so it looks like those fifteen minutes passed a little while ago."

"Thank God," Alex grinned. 

The End.

A/N -

Thank you so much for reading! I really hope you enjoyed 'The Hooded Actress', as much as I have. It's definitely been a journey writing this. I know definitely took way too long to get these last few chapters out, but I hope you still like them regardless!

Thank you again, and just know I couldn't have done this without your amazing feedback and support! <3