Chapter 11

Warmth spread across my body, causing a slight bit of confusion for me.

My hands were wrapped around some sort of heater or stuffed animal.

I moved them around a little..

This stuffed animal was extremely soft...

"Good morning." A very tired sounding voice startled me, as my eyes fluttered open.

There were directly greeted with a set a emerald green ones.

My 'stuffed animal' was actually Avery. I pulled my hands away, quite embarrassed since I basically felt her up on accident.

She noticed my reaction, and smiled before standing up. "It's alright."

"How'd you get in my house?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

I mean.. I didn't have a problem with her being here. But it concerned me slightly.

"Oh." She frowned looking down at me. "You called me on accident in the middle of a.... nightmare. So I came here as fast as I could get here. Then stayed up all night to make sure nothing went wrong." Avery rubbed my shoulder.

I winced slightly after remembering a bit of it, and looked over to her. "T-Thank you..How'd you get inside, though?" Avery sighed.

"You left the door open..." She nodded. "You need to be more careful."

"Oh, dang..." I looked over to her. "Thank you for the concern..."

"No need to thank me." Avery smiled. "Priorities come first!"

Her saying that caused a unique feeling in my stomach. It felt like it was performing a few front flips, and butterfly kicks. "Priorities??"

"Of course!" She nodded. "I also had something planned for us later today if you're available."

"I will be! It's the least I can do in return." I smiled.

If my boss needed anything done, he could just get it done himself.

This was more important.

"Alright, I'll be back later.. I don't know the exact time, but I'll definitely be here a little after four. So only a few hours from now."

"How well do I have to be dressed?"

"Come in anything." She shrugged. "Just not something formal.. that'd be awkward."

"Perfect!" I nodded. "See you in a bit I guess.. Be careful on the road!"

"Thanks." Avery waved, before fixing her hair and stepping out.

-=+=-

The whole scenario that just played out was pretty alarming.

I should sleep near my phone less, because I could have dialed the completely wrong number in a worst case scenario.

I cringed slightly imagining if I had end up calling my Landlord or someone I hadn't talked to in years.

That would have went so badly... I'm usually in a pretty weak state after I wake up from things like that.

"Ehh, anyways just get over it." Some random voice in my head complained.

I listened to it, and stretched my shoulders out.

"Thank God I was dressed decently." I said to myself, after removing my clothes and heading to the bathroom.

After turning on the shower, a thought popped up in my head.