Chapter 18

"Just a bit of turbulence. I apologise deeply for concerning you." I heard a voice echo in to the room. "We will be landing shortly, in a few minutes."

"Are you okay?" Avery examined me, waiting for an answer.

A bit of wine had managed to stain my shirt, nothing much else had happened.

"Yeah." I nodded. "This flight was a nice experience, thank you! I've never been on a plane similar to this."

"Anytime!" Avery sunk into the back of the soft cushioned couch, letting out a light sigh. "I'll get you a new shirt too."

I felt the plane easing up, as it began to get ready for landing. I tapped my fingers lightly on the small, wooden coffee table, before deciding to use this time to speak with Avery.

"Hmm, so have you originally wanted to become a model when you were younger?" Avery tensed up slightly at the latter part of the sentence, when I said the word younger.

Avery shrugged. "I think I wanted to do cooking, since it ran in the family. Then, after a while I came to the conclusion that I didn't like it very much, so here I am now!"

"How inspiring!" I mocked jokingly, placing a smile on her face.

"What did you want to be?" She raised an eyebrow.

"An artist." I shrugged. "Ever since I picked up my first crayon and my mum said liked my drawing.. I built up from that."

"Hey, so.. you don't actually talk about your mom much, I don't ever think I've heard you bring up your father.. why is that?"

"I mean.. he..." I began to stutter slightly, and mumble my words.

"Thank you for hiring me as this week's flight captain. Have a great time."

"We didn't get along very well. That's all." I ended my sentence, breaking off any feeling I had tied to it.

"I shouldn't have asked.. sorry.." Avery sheepishly tapped her fingers on the coffee table. She  stood up, storing away the bottle of wine in a shelf. "Do you think.. that one day you'll be able to open up to me more with in that aspect?"

Hesitantly, I nodded. An uneasy feeling washed over me.

Avery grabbed my hand, leaning over to my ears, brushing lightly with her breath. "I'm here now, alright? I won't hurt you..."

The strangest thing happened afterward though.

I could clearly hear some guilt in her voice, and I could see some written all over her face.

"Promise?" I asked her, leaving her in silence for a few painfully tense seconds.

"Of course." Avery quickly burst out an answer, the stood up from her place. "I think they need us off the plane in a few minutes.."

-=+=-

Considering that Oregon was my place of birth, I knew it was a beautiful state.

It completely blew my mind, on how much I was missing out on my whole life.

Lush green grass, complemented by rugged, leafy topped tree bark, along with a clear blue, cloud-filled sky.

Clouds simply never fail to memorize me with their amazingly detailed gorgeous designs.

The road looked old, and tattered, with the age being shown by the cracks lacing the edges, and the light, washed out grey colour.

"This is so beautiful, Avery." I finally admitted. "I'm glad you decided to take me here."