chapter fifteen

above is a snap of cute shells Sophia found on the beach

this chapter is dedicated to maadzzm ,my very best friend. she has contributed so much to this story as well as my life. you deserve the sky, madi. you shine brighter than the brightest star, you're more colorful than the prettiest sunset. i pray one day someone will show you as much love as you show our universe.

AS I DROVE I spilled the whole story about brunch, describing every distinct detail and how I felt every second of it. Cooper roared in laughter when I told him what I had hissed to my mother and just how mighty and tall I felt in myself. He had clapped his hands together and cheered me on, describing how proud he was of me and my beating heart returned. The kiss we had shared once I got into the car was full of sparks and confidence, it was the best kiss I had ever had. I wondered if Cooper felt that same way, regardless of what he told me the night before. But I just couldn't resist kissing him with everything I had; after all, he was the reason I found the strength to stick up for myself. I would have acted cowardly if Cooper didn't give me the boost of reassurance.

That's why I drove him here, to repay him.

I eased off the gas as I searched for a place to park. The further I drove, the more alone we were, and those were the conditions I was hoping for. Finally, I spotted a place under a shady tree that was kind of away from everything, I decided that was perfect.

"Where are you taking me, Sophie?" Cooper questioned, a little nervously as he grabbed the grip above his head due to the road getting slightly bumpy. "You'll see," I sang.

"Actually, I won't."

I snorted.

Turning the steering wheel right under the tree, I started to feel unsure about what I was about to do for Cooper. Would he really like it? Would he even appreciate it like I hoped he was going to? Was this the right way to do it? Was I overstepping my boundaries? Pushing the gear into park and pulling the brake up, I didn't know the right answer to any of those questions. He made me feel good about myself, I wanted to make him feel good too.

Cooper sniffed the air and glanced toward the driver's seat, "We're at a beach, aren't we?" I sighed in defeat and confirmed his guess, we were parked in the sand about fifty yards from the water, and I was about to make his day. "I forgot about your enhanced four senses," I joked with him as I quietly took off my seatbelt, hoping his super-powered ears wouldn't detect the sound of the click. "Oh, yes," he smiled, "They are pretty incredible."

I laughed, slipping off my nude heels and taking a gulp. "Well, no matter how incredible your senses are, you won't be able to predict what's about to happen," I squeaked, fondling the rim of my jeans, deciding when to unbutton them. Cooper delayed his chuckle, probably feeling as much tension in the air as I was. I cleared my throat, looking out the window, hoping that he would agree to this. "I know it's weird to ask, but just trust me," I whispered, "Take off your pants."

Cooper's eyebrow's knotted ferociously, more than I had ever seen before, "What the hell, why?" I slowly unbuttoned my jeans, slowly peeling them off my soft legs. I tossed them in the back of the car, landing on top of Sydney and reaching over to Cooper. "Just trust me, okay?" I breathed, unbuckling his seat belt; I was so close I could feel his body heat warm up mine.

After a few moments of silence, I pulled back and popped open my door. "Come on, Cooper, you don't want to get your pants wet." I giggled at his frozen facial expression, wondering what he thought was going to happen.