chapter seventeen

above is a picture of Sophia and Cooper smooching, a very overdue image.

ENJOY THE FINAL CHAPTER OF SMO, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR COMING ON THIS JOURNEY WITH ME AND THE CHARACTERS. IVE RECEIVED SO MUCH LOVE AND SUPPORT I CAN'T THANK YOU GUYS ENOUGH.

BEFORE I COULD give Cooper an answer, I had wrapped my arms around his neck and landed my lips to his. Happiness surrounded the two of us as we bundled each other, I could feel his smile against my mouth and I'm sure he felt the same thing from me. I pulled away, his face in my hands and once again Cooper's eyes seemed to be staring into mine. We laughed as left over tears from the sadness moments before still fell down our cheeks.

"Yes, Coop," I whispered through my grin. "I'll be here to light up your world whenever you need me to." He smiled brightly and ran his fingers through my hair softly as if he was just taking me all in.

I was all his, finally.

I spilled my heart to him, "You have been the best thing that I could have ever come across, Cooper. I have no idea where I'd be without you by my side," he chuckled and cupped my cheek. "Thank you for showing me that people are good and that I have the strength to be whatever I want to be," I smiled up at him, tangling my fingers in his curly hair.

"And I am yours and an artist."

Silence fell over us but this time it was okay. This time we were caught up in the emotions of each other, our hands finally exploring and our smiles were illuminating the air. I was so excited for what was in store for us, but then I realized I had to just appreciate one moment at a time and especially this one. I didn't have to plan for anything, I didn't have to make sure my future was perfect and I didn't have to put on a different face to please Cooper. I had waited so long to be happy with who I was and where I was, and I was there. I was standing with Cooper, holding his face and laughing with him. I had finally made it.

His hands brushed up my arms, pulled back my hair gently then trickled down my face as they did once before. They smoothed over my eyebrows, down the bridge of my nose and traced my lips. Once again he softly gripped the cheeks of my face, my ears slightly intertwined with his fingers. He sighed lightly, "You are so beautiful."

I kissed him hard.

We headed back home and I held his hand as I drove. Sydney must have noticed a difference between Cooper and I as she wagged her tail more than usual when both of us got into the car.

The ocean view I had become accustomed to seeing opened up before my eyes and to my right, there was the apartment complex. My smile widened and I told Cooper we were home, I didn't realize how much I had missed my flat. As I signaled left, I could see flowing blonde hair near the stairs and I knew it was Addison. I had sent her a text before we left the cemetery:

on our way home, be ready for some love :)

OMG SOPHIAAAAA

The text made me smile. I pulled into my usual parking spot and jumped out of the car and into my best friend's arms. Addison did the same to me, giggling and bouncing. She smelt of her usual beach and vanilla scent and her hair was wavy from the breeze. We pulled away and her excited blue eyes looked into mine. I smiled, "I have so many things to tell you!" Addison looked over my shoulder at Cooper who was helping Sydney out of the car then back at me then to him, "You," she trailed, "And Coop."