Where They'd Fall

[This book is currently under reconstruction as of 6/16/19.]

10 Years Ago

I was sitting in my science classroom occasionally tapping my pencil on the desk; waiting for the class to end. The crackdown for mutant children and adults was increasing by the days in my neighborhood. Some might think it was stupid to stay here, others however did stay. 

The teacher was currently just talking about the cell cycle, and how they make up the human body. For a seven year old, the descriptions she gave were pretty limited. 

"Ms. Taylor" She smacked a ruler on the top of my desk, causing me to jump. 

"Pay attention please." She was always annoying, and I was tired of her nagging voice.

She continued on with the rest of the class, I barley heard a word she said. You wouldn't be paying attention when someone is hunting down on your kind would ya? 

I've never been really able to control my powers, I could control my sonic scream to an extent but sometimes my eyes flare a purple color. My parents were both mutants; and sadly killed. My aunt takes care of me now, but she's really abusive towards me; she doesn't know I have my powers yet though.

I had a few other mutant friends though, like my best friend Ashley. She was one of the few people who understood me in my neighborhood.

The bell had just rang, signaling our specials class; we all rose up from our seats and made our way out into the hall. We were told to be quiet, as I looked down the hall I saw three mutant hunters going after Oscar. 

Oscar ran, and ran before the hunters shot him with a dark and put him in a pair of cuffs. I gave Ashley the look as I grabbed her arm and ran towards the nearest exit. 

More, and more hunters began rushing into the school as Ashley and I ran towards the nearest closet. Ashley, was whimpering so I had to put my hand over her mouth to keep her quiet. There was loud commotion coming from the hallway. Hot tears started making their way down my cheeks as I tried to keep quiet. 

The doorknob of the closet then started to jiggle, then opened. It revealed a tall young man with dark brown hair, I was going to scream when the man put a finger to his lips signaling us to be quiet. 

"It's okay Ashton, you're safe now. The man you're with his name is Erik, Erik Lehnsherr." I heard a voice in my head. 

"I'm a telepath, so don't worry." He reassured me.

The man then quickly got us out of the closet, rushing down the hallway to the exit containing a woman with gray hair. She had opened the door for us, and as we got outside we spotted a large aircraft. 

We made our way to the ship, as stairs begun to make their way down to us; entering the ship. 

There was a man sitting in one of the seats strapped in with his fingers to his head; that must've been the telepath. 

The mysterious man named Erik had sat down and brought me to sit next to him; with Ashley on the other end. 

The others began to make their way onto the ship and buckle in, "Where are we going?" I asked. 

Then the man- then Erik spoke for the first time since we've met. 

"We're going to a place for people like you and I, rather a school for the gifted." 

[This is the new update Prologue as of 6/26/19]