O N E

[Warning: Best stories have tragic pasts and beginnings before getting to the good stuff, if you have any trigger warnings, this story might not be for you.]

*Ashton's Pov*

°Beep° °Beep° °Be--
"Shut up" I yelled at my alarm clock knowing I had to get ready for class.
I was already in my bra and underwear so I just had to find a shirt and jeans.

I eventually picked out a low-cut black T-shirt and a pair of black leggings underneath a pair of frayed black shorts. I pulled on my black converse over my small feet,afterwards I grabbed my bag with all of my supplies to get me through the day and walked out of my room.

I heard the bell ring knowing I was late. "Crap" I mumbled. Around two minutes after it rang is when I finally walked into the class room. Everyone turned their heads and looked towards me. 

"You're late Ms Taylor" Erik spoke with a stern tone. I chuckled slightly and replied with,"Erik...". "That's Mr Lehnsherr to you,please take a seat so I can continue with the class."

 "Whatever you say Erik.." I quickly walked over to my seat in the back row of the classroom. But,on the plus side my best friend Ashley sits right next to me.

After a half and hour goes by Erik is done teaching and gives us our lesson,which since he teaches English is to write a poem and gives us the remainder of the class to do so.

After about five or ten minutes Erik casually starts walking around the classroom looking at everyone's' work.

He starts making his way over here when,Ashley whispers in my ear "Nice laced underwear you got there" it goes along with a chuckle. But by the time she's done telling me Erik is already over here. I look up to meet him staring at what I had wrote so far and my face flushes.

I had written about the day Erik saved me. It was ten years ago today.

Ashley elbows me when she sees my face and how red it is. I give her a death glare. Erik finally says something."You always find a way to bring out the best in people.." Shortly after his smile turns sad as he walks back to his desk. I continued my poem and eventually finished it with five minutes to spare. Me and Erik are close, I just feel like sometimes he forgets he has me and it makes me sad he knows I used to struggle with somethings and only got through them when he was there for me. 

I didn't realize I was spaced out because I was floating in mid air. It tends to happen when my emotions get jumbled. That's when the bell rang and made me jump and hit the desk. "Ugh what the hell" I groaned. I saw Erik walk over here. "Are you okay?" 

"I'm fine"I replied and stormed out of his classroom.

The day continued on very slowly,but eventually all my classes were over for the day. I felt bad I was rude to Erik earlier he was only trying to make sure I didn't hurt myself. I sigh as I take off my pants and face plant on my bed.
I

 have been strong for too long I haven't cried in ages.. I was going to explode too much built up emotions,too much pain,too much of life.
Hot warm tears starting colliding onto my cold skin,my breathing got faster,I started scratching my wrist. I couldn't see then I heard banging on my door I couldn't move nor see. 

Then my door opened and Charles and Ashley came in. They come over to my bedside. Then Charles yells at Ashley. "Get Erik!!"

Minutes later Erik comes running in beside me. Charles and Ashley exit the room. "Ashton what's wrong??" Erik says with frantic in his voice. I stood up the best I could still shaking I wrapped my arms around Erik,moments later I feel his big arms wrap around my tiny torso. "I'm so sorry..Erik" I say in between sniffles.

"Shhhhhh". He says.
About an half hour later I calmed down. He sits me down on my bed then immediately sits beside me.
"10 years.." He said with a chuckle and a real smile.

"Feels longer" I say.

"Indeed."
I'm just a burden he probably doesn't even want to be here..I am probably the last person he wants to see..All these negative thoughts kept popping in my head. "Do you even care?" I blurted out. His face saddens. 

"Do you even know why your asking me this?..." I dont respond. "Ashton you know I would give up everything and anything for you,you know I love you more than anything else." I smile through my tears and this time it is real. I jumped on top of him and hugged him. The words just flew out of my mouth.

"I love you too Erik"