chapter 2

*Colby's Pov*

I heard Graylin get in the shower and she started to cry again.
Hearing Graylin cry made my heart ache. I knew this day would come; when Ms. Larkins would finally tell Graylin the truth about herself. I just thought it would be later on in life.

I knew Ms.Larkins before Graylin was born. She used to help me with my Guardian training. She helped me with my teleportation, mind reading, and human connections; which allows me to feel how my mate feels, and a couple of other powers.
She trained me for 3 years until I got the hang of things.

One day she asked me to be Graylin's Guardian when she got over the age of 10. She said she would rather me be her Guardian than any one else because I had earned her trust and respect.

I agreed to be Graylin's Guardian, and I'm so glad she asked me instead of someone else because I would've been missing a chance of protecting and loving the most amazing girl in the world.

"Colby." Ms. Larkins Greeted while appearing in Graylin's room; where I had just come out from my hiding.

" Hi Ms. Larkins." I said.

Her eyes were red and puffy from crying. I wrapped my arms around her in a warming hug. She hugged me tight , and I rubbed small circles on her back.

"It'll be okay. She won't stay upset with you forever. She's just scared." I said pulling back from the hug.

" What if I loose her like I did with her Dad. I could never live with myself." She said, wiping her falling tears.

" You won't, she loves you too much to leave. You're all she has, she wouldn't want to let you slip away." I handed her a tissue from off of Graylin's nightstand.

Ms. Larkins looked at me with a half smile on her face.
"Thank you Colby. But not for long." She replied.

"What do you mean?"

"She doesn't have just me anymore," She replied. "She has you too."

" Ms. Larkins Graylin and I haven't actually met yet. She probably doesn't want to meet me at all no-" I stopped speaking once I saw the huge smile on her face.

Oh no. She can't be serious right now.
I know what she's thinking, she wants me to break my hiding and meet Graylin tonight.

"No, you can't be serious." I whisper-screamed.

"Please? This will be good for her. She's knows you exist now, she's ready Colby. And plus I'm pretty sure she heard you moving around in her closet. I'm pretty sure the next door neighbors could hear you. What were you doing in there?" She said, chuckling at her last question.

I felt my face heat up, thinking about how I fell in Graylin's closet.

" I was trying to teleport but I messed up and hit my toe on the corner of her closet. When I was trying to take off my shoe to get some of the pressure off of it, I fell." I explained looking at my feet.

That was honestly such a dumb thing for me to do. I could've blown my hiding and ruined everything.

I'm just glad she got in the shower before I fell, even though she probably heard me shuffling around the first time, she might've thought it was her mom that dropped something the second time. Or at least I hope.

"No need to be embarrassed. We all make mistakes. Just be more careful next time. But what do you say? Will you do it?"

"I'll do it. But what if she doesn't like me?" I asked.

" She will, trust me." She replied while ruffling my hair.

I nodded then went back to my hiding area. I know it's creepy for me to hide in her closet but it's the only way I can keep a good eye out to make sure nothing happens to her.