Chapter 19

*Colby's Pov*

I layed her on the sand, I wasn't fast enough. It was the first day of training, and something already went wrong.

This is my fault, I got her into this. She's been hurt too many times because of me.

"Come on, breathe!" I pumped her chest desperately.

Ailette pulled me back, he told me to just leave her be. Was he out of his mind?

"Are you crazy? She'll die!" I yelled.

"Just wait."

"Wait? For what, her death?"

He ignored me. Her body started to shake, almost like she was having a seizure.

Ailette was calm and relaxed, while I was getting riled up. I paced back and forth, waiting for her to take her first breath.

She never did, she only kept shaking. At this point I was more scared than I've ever been.

I silently prayed, waiting for her revival. Everything was just falling apart, until I had an idea.

I picked up a giant rock, knowing what I had to do to bring her back. I put it into Ailette's hands, he nodded his head.

"You're a wise one." He said.

In order for Graylin to come back I had to hurt myself. She feels my pain, it'll restart her heart.

Of course I'm taking a chance on breaking my bones. And possibly killing myself with a giant ass rock but hey, it's all for her.

I stood back, waiting for the rock to come in contact with my body. Ailette drew his arm back then let the rock fly through his finger tips.

The rock hit my chest. Graylin sucked in a breath, then exhaled a scream.

We crawled into each other's arms, not caring if Ailette was watching or not.

"Are you okay?" She ran her fingers over the bruise that was now turning purple.

"I'm okay now that you're breathing."

"You goofball." She kissed me.

Ailette cleared his throat once he saw that the kiss was getting carried away. We'd forgotten he was there.

We pulled away, both with red faces. Graylin stepped to him, looking him straight in the eye.

"I don't want to train anymore, we'll be fine when the fallen one comes. And if not, we'll die trying." She told him.

"Miss.Larkins the fallen one will come sooner than you think. But if you wish, I'll always be here. You know where to find me." Ailette waved us goodbye.

I could see why she wanted to stop training. She almost died on the first day, and I have a bruise the size of a basketball on my chest.

In all honesty I think we'll be fine on the arrival of the fallen one. We're strong enough.

Ailette dived into the water, leaving us by ourselves. She placed a hand on my chest, healing me.

"Well I'm not staying here all day, I'm gonna explore." She said.

"I think you should take it easy princess."

"Fine, I'll explore carefully. You coming?"

I couldn't help but to smile, she's so rebellious, and I loved that about her. I tagged along by her side as we went to 'explore'.

We came across an abandoned house, she pulled me along with her into the building.

I have a bad feeling about this...