Chapter 30

Hailey's POV
I watch the clock. My teacher explaining some more nonsense, well actually it was science and I probably should have been paying attention but it's our last period and I get distracted really easy.
*ring* I grab my books and get up to leave with everybody else.
"Don't forget page 46 is homework tonight for math" I hear my teacher say before going out the door. Im met with Gabriella at the locker, I watch her as she jams her binders and lunch bag into her crammed back pack before I can get my stuff packed up. I slip on my brown boots and throw my bag over my shoulder.
"Hey do you want to come over to my house for dinner?" Gabby asks me.
"Ya sure! ill just go ask quickly" I reply. We both walk out the front doors of our school and start making our way over to the van. We pass kids hugging their parents and then their parents ask how their day was and they both smile, i was like that at one time, I just wish I would have cherished those moments more. i guess as a kid you never really imagine that your parents will be gone one day but instead they will be here forever and never leave. I see Dad in the front seat, I poke my head in the window and ask "can i go over to Gabriella's for dinner?" he tells me I can as long as its not too late when I get home "because I have school in the morning" which I've heard 20 thousand times from all the boys; by now I get it. I have to be home at a decent time, got it. But I know they're just trying to protect me and be good role models so I listen to them. Gabby and I start walking to her house; she lives just down a couple streets over so it's not that long of a walk.
"Lets play a game" Gabriella says to me and I nod with weary eyes.
"Its called have you ever, I ask you if you've ever done something before and you answer with yes or no" she explains. Ive played something like it before, I usually hate these games but I agree to play anyway.
"Ill start off easy. Have you ever cheated?" I think about it for a minute. Im sure I've cheated atleast one point in my life but I can't remember any particular times so I answer with no then it's mine turn.
"Have you ever yelled at a teacher?" she looks over at me and answers with yes. "In preschool, I got mad at my teacher because she wouldn't let me eat my piece candy after snack so I yelled at her, Ive been badass since day one" we both laughed but I laughed harder imagining a mini Gabriella with a sucker in her hand yelling at an adult to let her eat it.
"Have you ever kissed a boy?" she asks me after a brief moment. I tilt my head down abit and answered with a quick "no" and then I heard her say"I haven't either" I lift my head and look at her as we continue walking. "I don't see the point, right now I find kissing stupid and gross. Sure it's cute in movies" , "but it's not reality" I finished her sentence and she nodded her head. We made it to her driveway and walked up to her front door. I followed behind her into her house, I knew someone was cooking from the minute I stepped in from the smells. I said hello to both of Gabriella's parents along with Gabriella and we went up to her room.
"So are you excited for your birthday party this weekend?" she asked me as we both sat down on the fluffy carpet in her bedroom.
"Ya I am! but I hate being the center of attention, it's just never been me"
"It's one day, your day, your birthday and your turning 14!" I didn't like being reminded that I was turning 14, sure it's not that old but it scares me. We start dieing from the day we were born and it's almost like we're clocks and we're all slowly running out of time.
"I know, Im just happy ill be spending it with friends and family" I tell her.
"Who's going to be there?" Gabby asks me. It takes me a few minutes to think of everybody because the boys always go crazy inviting people.
"Of course you're invited, my Dad, Nash, Shawn, Matt, Carter, Aaron, Taylor, Jack g, Jack j..." I listed off a few family friends and people from school, "oh and i think Nash told me he's inviting his siblings, so I can finally meet them" I told her. I had supper with her family and we spent time talking and goofing around before I had to go.
•••
"Why do we always have to watch movies? can't we play a game or something!" Nash recommended. We had spent almost 15 minutes arguing or what to do because we were all suffering from boredom.
"How about monopoly" Matt suggested
"I hate that game" Shawn politely commented but Matt still had a hurt look on his face.
"How about go fish"
"Too boring" Nash put in
"I know!" I jumped up from the couch and ran to my room, I peeked underneath my bed and pulled out the right box.
"Twister!" I said smirking, we all agreed on the game and started to play. It was hilarious to watch us all fail miserably at the game; Matt fell on Nash, Nash hit dad and dad made Shawn fall on purpose.
"Hey! come on cam you can't do that!" Shawn yelled. In the end we all laughed, I felt like such a little kid again and it was a good feeling; everybody is a kid still no matter what they say we just all eventually become really good at disguising it. I went to bed after taking a nice warm shower, surprisingly enough I fell asleep quite quickly but I kept on waking up every other hour. Sleepless nights and dragged on days are the worst.

<•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•>

Long chapter kinda :) Also I hope you like the new cover I made!

Soooo.... expect Hayes in the next chapter! Ill try to update again on Wednesday

YOU ALL SLAYYY HONESTLY!! I never ever ever ever imagined that this story would get 71.1k reads! But you guys made it possible :)

THANKYOU SO MUCH !
❤ I 💚 LOVE 💜 YOU 💙