Chapter Two: The Blonde

Just A Game [Teenlock]

Chapter Two: The Blonde

*

Sherlock's eyes followed the red fruit as he bounced it off the palms of his hands on the table in front of him. The apple had a shine to it, one that normally made people want to it eat. Of course, Sherlock wasn't exactly normal.

The school's dingy lunch room was filled to the brim but the table Sherlock sat at was vacant minus the seat he occupied.

It didn't take long however for a certain flirty Irishman to plop down ever so gracefully in the seat beside him.

"Ninety eight?" Jim questions, placing his own lunch on the table.

Sherlock grins wickedly "Ninety nine. Diana is a very naughty girl, it seems, and so is her friend" Jim pulls a face but before he can criticise Sherlock is speaking again. "How far have you got with the drama students?"

"Not very" Jim scoffs "They're all far more interested in 'changing' me"

Sherlock places a hand over his apple, stopping the rolling movement as he turns to look at his friend. He hums right before he replies.

"Half of them are virgins" He says. It could, after all, be another reason they didn't climb into the sack with Jim straight away.

Briefly, Jim perks up "Oh! That's double points!"

Sherlock nods. Double points for taking a V-card. Call them sick, but it gave their life a well needed burst of excitement.

Jim slouches then and groans in annoyance "Even with double points, it's going to be hell trying to beat that damn wild card. You've got half this college pining over you!"

As he exclaims he waves his hands towards Sherlock, looking like he was mentally screaming how on Earth Sherlock was so damn sexy and loveable.

Sherlock smirks at the comments, never one to be overly modest. He does, however, return the favour, knowing how much Jim was in love with himself.

"You have your fair share of admirers too" He speaks, returning to rolling his apple back and forth. His eyes once again follow the fruit.

"None of whom are in the drama club" Jim sounds sulky at first but he soon grins "Yet"

Sherlock smiles but doesn't look up from his apple. Out the corner of his eye he can see people wondering around looking for seats. All passed their table, searching for spaces among the other students. It was crowded now that all the years were back but no one ever sat with them. Far too awkward or afraid to even ask to sit. Occasionally Molly Hooper would come and sits with them.

As if the universe was reading his mind, Sherlock hears the girl's voice greet him from behind.

"Hey, Sherlock!" She beams as Sherlock turns to face her, allowing his apple to roll to a stop.

He smiles at her, barely acknowledging the blonde boy stood beside her but mentally cataloguing all he could.

He was no threat. Same year as them. Studying English Lit going by the way he constantly flexed his tired writing hand. Sherlock vaguely recognised him, he was a friend of Molly. Sherlock searches his brain for a name but, unsurprisingly, he'd deleted most of Molly's chitchat.

"Molly" Sherlock greets with a nod.

She perks up at the attention and unconsciously brushes her hair out of her face.

"Ca--" She starts, only to be cut off as Irene's falls into her seat and Jim pipes up.

"Well, well, well Ms Alder! You look like you had a good night" Jim teases with playful smile.