Chapter Twenty-One: So Right, But So Wrong

Just A Game [Teenlock]

Chapter Twenty-One: So Right, But So Wrong.

~

Jim knew what he was about to do went beyond what was considered wrong as a friend. By at least he was doing it for the right reasons! Okay.. Maybe not all his reasons are considered right but some of them are and that's okay.

He was only doing this because he was worried for Sherlock. (It had nothing to do with the way Jim strongly disliked Corey right now).

Still.. Following Sherlock went against every ounce of trust that Sherlock placed in him as a friend.

Would it be bad for Jim to use the whole Sherlock abandoning him when he murdered someone thing as a way to justify his own betrayal?

He knew hat he should be more affected by the fact he killed another person, too their life, but the main reason that ordeal had been so heartbreaking and scaring for Jim was because he felt as though Sherlock abandoned him.

Jim also knew the answer to his question about using that as an excuse.. but pretending he didn't honestly know an answer eased his guilt slightly.  Only slightly.

The Irish boy waits down the side of Sherlock's house, knowing very well from years of Sherlock and Jim hiding from their parents that he wouldn't be seen here, and he watches as Sherlock climbs on the back of Corey's motorbike and wraps his arms around the older boy's waist.

No way did Jim believe that Sherlock was going to Corey's sisters house or whatever. Jim waits until the two boys have drove off before walking down the road to his car, using his phone to track Sherlock's phone on the Find My Phone app.

Even once he's in his car, he waits for a while to make sure that Sherlock doesn't spot him. The last thing he wants is for Sherlock to notice he's being followed.

Almost twenty minutes later, Jim finds himself pulling into a club car park. He frowns, not recognising this place but also knowing for sure now that Corey and Sherlock had been lying to him.

A violent shiver runs through Jim as he opens the car open and climbs out. The wind was icy and would probably throw someone like Molly off her feet. Jim could imagine the girl trying to stand, walking as fast as she could to keep ahead of the wind. For a moment, Jim smiles and forgets his worry for Sherlock.

But forgetting just means that it plummets back ten times harder.

Closing the door to his car, Jim looks at the bright lights of the sign outside the club. As he approaches the door, he wonders what Sherlock was doing here. Was he using Corey as a way to get into a club?

Jim stops short at the door. The bouncers were looking at him curiously, as if wondering if he was really going to try and get in. He was obviously underage and him standing there staring like a lost idiot didn't do anything to convince people he was older than he is.

He wasn't eighteen, yet. He wasn't old enough to get in. He couldn't follow Sherlock.

Sherlock himself would be using a fake ID as he wasn't eighteen for another few months.

Seeing no other options, Jim turns and heads back to his car with a sigh.

Inside the club Sherlock closes his eyes for a moment, just listening to the pound of the bass vibrating through him and smiling at the flash of lights behind his eyelids and losing himself the smell of lust fueled sweat. He loved it here. He truly did.

As he blinks, he registers Corey's voice.

"Jesus Christ, are you even listening to me Sherlock?! I'm trying to have a serious fucking conversation here..." The older boy's eyes were cast down towards the floor, avoiding even the slightest chance of meeting Sherlock's.