Chapter 20 - Mysterious Phone Call

This came to me at school today, It was an awkward school day, which depending on the age of the readers, I can't tell you about what we learnt. So this was just something that has nothing to do with what I learnt about but was just something I came up with while sitting in a class room, completely grossed out and then, pop, an idea for Xmen came in to my mind. The idea is going to be in the plot line so it wont really be in this chapter though.

So until next time, Enjoy...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 20 - Mysterious Phone Call

Jean's POV.

A scream awoke me from my sleep, Scott awoke next to me almost silmataniously. My head snapped to him in fear as we both instantly knew who was screaming. Rising from the bed the usual hazzyness dawned on me but I shock my head vistiously trying to regain normal sight. I raced quickly down the corridor, Scott slightly behind me as he told some of the kids who where coming out of there dorm rooms that every thing was okay and to go back to sleep.

I tripped several times as I tryed to get down the poslished slippery stairs, but luckly Scott caught me. We raced, our legs running as fast as we could get them to move towards the sound of the screaming, even though we already knew where it was. After we turned the finale corridor it seemed that the screaming had siesed, this only made panic race through my heart as fear consumed me and I froze on the spot. Why had she suddenly stoped? I asked myself silently as I started to jog foward again once a different scream started, a lower more manly one. I burst the door open and was shocked at what I saw.

Leo was up against the wall with Alishas hand round his throat, I found it slightly funny that Leo had screamed but my humor was distroyed when I saw Alisha's shaking frame, she looked like she didn't know what she was doing, like she was in a transe. She would never hurt Leo, or anyone if she had the chose for that matter.

"Alisha?" I asked silently breaking the almost un natural silents.

Alsiha turned her face confused as her eyes turned from a complete black to her natural blue and yellow. Her small soft lips slightly curved into a small smile before she started shaking again. Leo wrapped his arms around her body in an attempt to comfot her, she turned to face him and started to cry softly into his broad shoulder.

I felt my body relax as I saw Leo smile down at her, his first smile since Alisha got taken. It was a truly heart warming smile. I turned around to face Scott who was smiling down at me, he embrased me in a hug as we watched the other two hug, It was truly a special moment.

But then It was broken by the sound of a missive bang.

Scott broke the hug first and ran towards the staircase.

Scott's POV.

The bang sounded nasty, so I ran to go check out what it was. When I arrived at the stair case I was greeted with Yang lying on the ground at the bottom of the stair just groaning.

"Yang?" I asked the boy, he rose from the ground aafter hearing my voice, his face still looked pretty messed up, I felt sorry for the kid, but I still don't know the true story as to how he got the cuts. I helped him the rest of the way up and he thanked me in just a whisper.

"Yang, where you doing on your face?" I asked him, a slight humor in my tone.

"I heard a scream." He replied simply.

"That was Alisha."

"Is she alright?" He asked, a sence of desperation in his tone.

"She's fine, now go back to bed."

"Can't I see her?"

"Not now, but certainly tomorrow." I answered not wanting to start anything between him and Leo, I don't even know what is going on between them at the moment but I can't be bothered to seperate anything at this time of morning, I glanced at my watch which read 1 o'clock, I groaned, Alsiha definatly had the right timing.

"Fine." He spoke after a long pause, he seemed pretty disopointed but turned on his heels and headed back upstairs, I shock my head and let out a small chuckle, he was a unique kid, always falling on his face and walking in to things.

Alisha's POV.

Me and Leo spent the night in the lounge room, It was fun staying up all night and eating what ever we could find, watching movies and just catching up on things. He seemed really happy but I could tell something, or someone, was bothering him. I just let it pass for now. The night was perfect, well untill the morning.

As soon as the sun had rose, people where barging down stares in surch for breakfast, it was like a real life hunger games. But as soon as people noticed me there was havoc, everyone trying to find out what had happened to me and if I was okay, it got worse when they realised me and Leo had eaten all the decent food.

Suddenly the room fell silent, all of the kids suddenly turned there heads to look at one person, I didn't know what was going on, what all the comosion was about until I saw Yang, and I then realised that something was going on between Leo and him.

Leo didn't say anything he just grabbed my hand and led my up from the couch and tugged me away from the room. I didn't fight or struggle, I just kept my eyes perminantly on Yangs, I was so completely confused about everything, I just let my self be dragged. Helplessly.

Leo's POV.

I took Alisha to a chill room, it was full of bean bags and custions of all sizes and shapes, it was suprising bright and uplifting. Alisha took a seat on a bean bag which I lead her too, but her face remained one of confustion. I shook my head, my eyes begging her not to ask me. She just looked away, knowing not to ask.

But then my phone buzzed in my pocket. I quickly answered it, walking away from Alisha who was now flicking through a magazine she found. I put my phone to my ear.

"Leo, It's time."