You always thought I was stronger- Normila

Trigger Warning: Mention and attempted suicide

Don't read if you don't like

                ~×~×~×~×

Standing on the roof of a twenty-story building is a lot scarier than the movies make it look. 

At least, that’s what Normani thinks. She’s staring downwards, her eyes caught on individual people milling about below her. They don’t notice her. She’s too far up, tucked away from the common person’s view. Nobody would think to look up. Not a single soul would think twice that there might be someone up there. Why would they, anyway?

Well. She had. 

Normani hasn’t even realized just how bad things were until that morning. That’s the worst pain. The pain that you can’t feel until it’s too late. She’s become so used to it, so used to hiding it away, it’s a part of her now. She wants to thrust a knife inside her and cut that part out, and this was the easiest way to do that. 

She hopes. 

Her phone rings in her back pocket. Had she forgotten to get rid of it? She doesn’t want it anymore. She doesn’t want to talk. That’s what’s going to go first, she decides. Slowly, her numb fingers wrap around the phone and she pulls it out, ready to throw it off, even though it’s ringing. But she takes one look at it - 

It’s Camila. She stops and answers the phone. 

*'*'*

Two years ago, Normani was walking down the street, her hands in her pocket. Wisps of her breath stretched out in front of her and she hurried down the street, trying to escape the cold. The sun was shining behind her, but it was still so cold. Maybe it was just her. That would expain a lot of things. 

She didn’t know why she looked up, honestly. But she did. Maybe she wanted to check that the sun actually was in the sky and that she wasn’t going to die because of some sort of cold-apocalypse. But she looked up all the same. 

Someone was standing on the roof of the building beside her. Normani could barely make out their silhouette, but someone was definitely up there. Normani would’ve had to be an idiot not to realize what they were doing. She’d seriously considered it multiple times, herself. 

But she couldn’t watch someone else do it. How ironic. 

She ran into the building, muttering curses under her breath every time she was forced to stop running. She bounded up the stairs, trying to find a roof exit, until she found one that was propped open. Not sure what to say, or what to do, she ran out onto the roof - it was much colder up there - and yelled, “Stop! Wait! Don’t!”

Her scanning eyes found a girl standing at the very edge of the roof, her arms spread wide, preparing to take the plunge. At Normani’s call, her muscles froze and she turned and well fuck, she was gorgeous. Her brown eyes seemed to radiate life and her hair flowed perfectly around her shoulders. She was perfect. But Normani could see something else in her expression - pain. It was a familiar feeling. 

"Just, please," Normani panted, still trying to catch her breath, "Move away from the edge."

‘“I can’t,” the girl whispered quietly. She’d been crying, that much Normani could tell. 

"Yes, you can," Normani promised. "You’re find. Just come here, and step away from the edge."

"I’m done," the girl countered. "You can’t change my mind. I don’t even know you."