You never walk alone

I'm alive, and I'll try to update more often sksks.
This chapter isn't a ship or imagine, its a short story and includes major character death. It will include Camila. And no, Camz isn't the one that dies, you'll have to figure that out yourself.

TRIGGER WARNING

                            🌹~~🌹

The refreshing breeze struck with sea-salt used to cure her mind and extinguish the slow burn building within her heart, but it seemed the only good the liquid did now was offer her a way to hide her tears.

Even when surrounded by the billions of souls linked to the same soil she stood in, she felt alone.

Her scaled skin itched and itched until all that remained were broken nails and bleeding arms. Numb fingers that once collected the seashells were now too slippery to hold onto her reality.

She wanted to fly, but had no wings. She wanted light, but was given darkness.

Days were spent staring into the overflowing bathtub, imagining what could be. What could have been. She wanted to forget all the dark and lonely things; didn't want to be afraid anymore. But it was a path she had chosen, fate you may say. She had to own up to her own committed sins. This was a punishment self decided.

She wished for a hand to hold as she made her way to the top, wished for wings to guide her to the edge of the sky, but was given nothing more than warm sand falling from her fists as she tried to clutch onto someone, something.

Steps were left imprinted in the wet sand mixed with pebbles and broken glass. She felt a connection with the broken bottle pieces that once held substance found useful, refreshing, only to be emptied out past the lips and tossed on the ground to shatter alone for eternity.

The wind nipped her skin, leaving the only red marks she would receive in her lifetime; for love was never found even when she searched diligently. She was left tear stained and aching, whispering for them all to stay as they walked through the doors, leaving her aglow in the moonlight, low-tide tucking her into a sleepless night.

Seeing as her once sturdy wings were ripped from her back, she created her own. With outspread arms, she let the wind guide her to her destiny.

She could feel the waves lapping over her continuously, like hands pulling her under. In a sad sense, the idea of being held offered her comfort. Lungs pulsed against the walls of her chest like a drummer boy mimicking thunder. With clenched fists and wide eyes, her lips parted as if commencing her final goodbye, however, no sound escaped. Only the rush of the clear liquid filling her senses until all she could feel was numbness. A numbness she welcomed. The relief was warm like the aftermath of a campfire settling through her veins. Not quite hot, but a warmth of the smoke filling every particle that left you feeling at peace. The rumbling waters no longer bounced off her eardrums, nor did the smell crawl into her nostrils.

She was left to watch the spring sun shine her a parting ray as she joined the creatures swimming below.

And her cries crashed like the waves against jagged rocks, tears falling like the mist from beyond shore. The white shoes that once accompanied her steps now floated off carelessly as a symbol of his purities fading away.

For she was a sinner. A cold hearted, blue lipped, glazed eye sinner. She had taken her innocent aura and drowned it with the toxic thoughts coursing through her mind.

Worst of all, she sunk further into the blue abyss with a faint smile playing on her lips; for they say drowning is a tragedy, but for her, it felt like going home.

The end to her storm wasn't for nothing. Her footsteps still lingered under the pale moonlight, traveling miles further than she could have imagined. The poor brown haired, brown eyed girl was the one to encounter her presence upon the shore. The soles held her story that could sink any heart like an anchor.

She decorated the tree with the shoes that sent a million silent whispers, salt stinging her eyes until she fell back to watch them swing in the wind, crying out a song to those who felt isolated in the world.

Little had she known, her own buoy was just around the corner. Had she traveled a few more steps, she'd find escape in 3 others who would guide her back to the lighthouse she called home. Yet she was too tangled in her own fishnet to see past the sea foam covering her thoughts.

And so they sat, entangled like the seaweed wrapping around her lifeless body below.

5 hearts, 4 beating.

5 minds, 1 leaving.

4 words, all believing.

"You never walk alone."

1 gone, 4 leading.