III

0 3
𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊

A BUZZING BENEATH Chaeyoung's pillow pulled her out of her dream. She let out a small groan and stuck her hand out under her pillow, roaming her hand around. She grabbed her phone and pulled it out, squinting her eyes as she looked at the text message.

Chaeyoung slowly got up and searched for the guy that pulled a gun at her from last night. No sign of him. She wandered around her apartment to search for him.

"Hello?" Chaeyoung called out, her voice was slightly husky from waking up just now.

There was no response nor sounds of movement. She scratched the back of her head

"Where could he be?" She then spotted a white piece of paper on the coffee table.

I'm sorry I left all the sudden. I have some errands to do and I do not want to disturb you. Thank you for helping me. I do not know when we will meet again, but I hope soon.

Sincerely,
JJ

❀ ❀ ❀

Jungkook sat inside his red Mansory Lamborghini Aventador. Right next to him is Taehyung, driving. "Did you find any information about the group who attacked us last night?" Jungkook asked as he skimmed through a report before signing it at the bottom.

Taehyung nodded, "they would roam around the streets looking for trouble rather than work. We were able to locate where they usually hang out. What did you want us to do?"

Jungkook leaned back in his seat, closing his eyes and said, "I have no intention to keep them alive. Kill them all."

❀ ❀ ❀

"You let a stranger inside your apartment whom you just met?" Jennie repeated what Chaeyoung has just told her. Chaeyoung nodded, taking a sip from her morning coffee.

"I still do not understand why you would help him when he basically pointed a gun at you," Jennie looked at her friend with confusion before bringing the cup to her lips.

"As a nurse, you must give care to all individuals no matter what. Besides, he took a bullet for me. I cannot just leave him there to die," Chaeyoung explained her reasons.

Jennie leaned forward with her elbows on the table, sending her a playful smirk, "I think you find him attractive. Last night could've been wild if you have that sort of kink."

Chaeyoung tossed a crumpled napkin at her. Jennie laughed at her friend's blushing face. "On another topic, my parents want you to come our house to celebrate their anniversary. Knowing that you will make an excuse of having no outfit to get yourself out of this party, I already sent you a dress."

Chaeyoung sighed, "Both you and I know that it is going to be a party where people from the high class boasting about their achievements."

Jennie and Chaeyoung are totally different from each other. Chaeyoung was not born with a silver spoon in her mouth as she spent her childhood in a small orphanage, but that does not stop them from being friends. Her parents treated Chaeyoung as their own daughter and Chaeyoung was like a sister to Jennie. Even though Jennie comes from a wealthy family, she was taught to be humble and kind to everyone. Most children would use their parents' wealth for their future, but Jennie chose to earn money on her own.

"Please. For me, your lovely best friend." Jennie begged, clasping her hands together and giving Chaeyoung those eyes that she uses to get what she wants.

Chaeyoung gave in and sighed, "Fine. You should be glad that I like you."

The excitement returned to Jennie's face, "You could meet the man of your dream and live in a magic sugar castle like you always wanted."

Chaeyoung groaned and rolled her eyes. "Jennie, I was five at that time. Can you stop mentioning that?"

❀ ❀ ❀

Chaeyoung was right; people were talking to each other about business or anything that would benefit them. Chaeyoung noticed the music playing in the background. The tunes sounded like her type of music she listened to. This party wasn't so bad after all.

"Hey there," Jennie said, coming over to give her a tight side hug. "I am so glad you made it. Are you enjoying the party?"

"I just got here, but the party is quite okay since I have been avoiding basically everyone."

Jennie smiled, handing a glass of champagne in front of Chaeyoung's face. "Here, drink it."

Chaeyoung smiled, reluctantly took the glass and started to take a sip. "I almost forgot to give you my gift for your parents," giving Jennie a small wrapped gift.

"Thank you, my love. There is a snack bar over there. Help yourself to some snacks," Jennie pointed to the direction where the snacks are. "I will be right back. Being a host, I have to greet everyone."

Chaeyoung frowned, "Do not go too long."

With that, Jennie left Chaeyoung alone. Chaeyoung walked over to the snack area, taking in small bites.

"We've gotta stop meeting each other again or I am starting to think fate wants us to be together."

Chaeyoung coughed and spit up a bit of champagne after she recognized that voice. She grabbed a napkin and wiped her face. She turned around to see Jungkook dressed in a gray Calvin Klein suit with a dark button-down shirt.

"What are you doing here?" Chaeyoung asked.

Jungkook answered, "Why shouldn't I be here? Business people who are looking for ways to increase their profits are here at this party. I would not want to miss this opportunity."

As Jungkook spoke, his gaze traversed her face, then scanned her from head to toe. He took this time to admire her appearance. The satin black backless dress glistened under the dimmed lights almost making it sparkle as it complimented her curves in a sexy yet tasteful way. Her wavy locks was put into an elegant updo with side swept wispy bangs, standing out in the crowd.

Her face suddenly turned red when Jungkook placed his hand against one of the interior round columns, causally leaning closer to Chaeyoung. He whispered, "You know, I am glad for once that I attended this boring party. I get to see you."

Chaeyoung felt her heart stop for a moment. Her lips were partially open as Jungkook slowly drinking in her body. She felt exposed right there. One strap of her dress became loose, sliding it off her shoulder. His gaze landed on her well-defined collarbone.

Jungkook finally met her eyes, smirking. "Oh, coming here is totally worth it."