XVI

"I am so sorry!" Chaeyoung apologized, getting down on her knees and picking up the broken pieces.

Just then, a pair of strong hands grabbed hers, stopping her from what she was doing. Chaeyoung felt the sparks that is still going between the two of them. "Be careful. You'll get hurt. Leave it there, I will have someone clean it up later." Jungkook said softly.

Jungkook pulled the two of them back up slowly. Dr. Kim, who witnessed this scene, was curious.

"Do you two perhaps know each other?" He asked, repeatedly pointing his index finger at the two of them.

Chaeyoung was about to say yes but Jungkook replied quickly, "Actually no. Chaeyoung-ssi must be mistaken me as someone else."

Chaeyoung slowly hung her head low. Her lips, that were dying to touch his, pressed together in a thin line. The man she loves is acting like a stranger to her. She hates it, but this was her fault.

"Dr. Kim, can I talk to Miss Park privately?" Jungkook requested politely. Dr. Kim nodded, "That is fine with me. I will just check on the patients then."

Dr. Kim went out of the office, leaving the two of them in dead silence. Chaeyoung bit her inner cheeks, slowly lifting up her head. She found out that Jungkook was already staring at her.

"How are yo-"

Again, Jungkook interrupted her. "I heard that you are familiar with this hospital, so I was wondering if you could give me a tour." His low tone still sounded velvety and smooth as dark chocolate.

Chaeyoung's rosy lips were slightly parted, not liking this one bit. She gave a quick small smile. "I am glad to help you with that. Let me know when you are ready."

Jungkook nodded with no expression. "Alright then, be here at 9. You may leave." He allowed her to leave, heading towards his desk. He sat on his personal chair and began working on his paper work.

Chaeyoung bit her lower lip. She bowed before leaving the room. She took a quick glimpse at him before closing the door. She sighed as she stared at the door.

She pulled out her necklace that has the promise ring, hidden inside her shirt. She gently caressed it between her index finger and thumb.

She put the necklace back inside her shirt. She turned around, only to be bumped into a person. Papers flew up in the air.

"I am so sorry. I'm such a clumsy girl." Chaeyoung apologized, pouting.

"It is fine. I am a clumsy girl myself too." The woman laughed.

Chaeyoung took a glimpse at the lady she was talking and her eyes went big a little. She was like a goddess that came down into earth. She was wearing a lab coat. Must be new here because Chaeyoung never seen her before. A cute giggle interrupted her thoughts.

"I am so sorry. Here." Chaeyoung handed the papers that she picked up to her. The woman smiled, grabbing the papers from Chaeyoung's hands.

"Thanks. I am Kim Jisoo." Jisoo introduced herself. Chaeyoung shook her hand with Jisoo. "I'm Park Chaeyoung."

Jisoo recognized that name, flashing a smile that could cure cancer. Jisoo hugged the papers close to her chest. "I am new here, so I was hoping if we can be friends. I don't have friends that are females."