Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Stop trying

Finnicks pov.

I sat there in my boring white and grey walked room just thinking about marina. how's she doing, what they were doing to her, will I ever see her again... the list goes on. it's been awhile since I've even stepped out of this bed. most of the time I wouldn't, only if I literally had to. I just couldn't believe what had happened in the past, what? month I think? ya month. I've lost the girl I love, found out that district 13 exists and the rebellion has started because of us. because of us people are dying, you know how that feels? I'll just tell you, pretty damn bad if you ask me!

"Finnick.." a soft voice said breaking me out I my thoughts. I slowly look up and see my sisters, Mikaela and Bridey. Wait, how are they here?

"M-mikaela?... b-Bridey?" I asked in shock

"Finnick!" my youngest sister, mikaela, yelled running over to me and engulfing me into a hug

"Mikaela! what on earth are you doing here?" I asked looking between her and her sister.

"We escaped" Bridey said walking over to us and sitting on the other side of me on the uncomfortable white bed.

"H-how?" I asked

"Well we didn't do it alone" mikaela said

"What do you mean?" I asked still confused on this whole thing.

"We got help. from your friend, ugh what's his name again?" Bridey said trying to remember the persons name

"Haymitch" mikaela said for Bridey

"haymitch? how did he get you out and when?" I asked

"Well, when you were in your room sulking, he came to 4 and saved us. we just got here yesterday" Bridey informed

"How is it, at four?" I asked scarred to know a little bit.

"Not good, bombs are going off everywhere, fire in every house, people screaming and crying and worst of all, people getting killed." mikaela said tears coming into her eyes as she remembered what was going on back home where we grew up.

"Look, I'm sorry" I apologized hugging them tightly

"Why are you sorry?" Bridey asked

"It's just, if I didn't refuse my fait, you guys would be back home with your friends, laughing, and living normal lives but now... now you most likely will never see your friends again, never go back home and will never live a normal life." I explained

"You know what? normals overrated anyways! who would be normal when you could be rebels, rubbing away from the capitol, living in a 'dead' district with a bunch of other rebles?!" mikaela said laughing a bit.

"Ya and if you did die in that arena, we would be far from normal. depressed really." Bridey said looking down to the wood floors.

"I guess you guys are right, like always. Goodness, I'm the oldest yet you guys are smarter? how is that fair?" I joked making them laugh.

"Age doesn't mean a thing. and let's face it Finny, your stupid." Mikaela said and I put my hands toy heart and made a face saying 'hurtful'

"Now that hurt" I said still clenching onto my heart.

"I was joking finnick. you know we love you!" mikaela said hugging me once more

"I love you guys too." I said hugging them both one last time.

"I'm glad you are safe" Bridey said in a low tone of voice, almost as if she was whispering but at the same time not.

"I'm glad you guys are safe too" I said and then it hit me. we are all safe except for one person, marina. I can't believe it. when I was talking to my sisters I just completely forgot about marina. well I did until now... I must find a way to get her back. no matter how hard it will be, I WILL get her back.

"Well we better go..." Mikaela said walking out of the room followed by Bridey.

"Ohh and finny, haymitch said for me to tell you something" Bridey said stopping at the door and facing me.

"What is it?" I asked looking into her dark brown eyes that mum had, she took more after mum then me, the long brown hair, tan skin everyone right down to the skill of throwing knifes, ya weird I know. then there is mikaela, she still looked like mum with her brown eyes, brown hair, tan skin, even the knifes too. but she got her drawing talent and wavy hair from dad. dad had wavy golden hair, like me, sea green eyes, also like me, and he had an amazing talent with a trident and drawing. Mum was different though, she had the most beautiful brown hair and deep brown eyes that twinkled in the sun, she also had an amazing talent with throwing knifes. I really miss them.

"He said to.... stop trying" and with that she left and I knew exactly what he meant by that.

___________

A/n ok... go ahead. yell at me. tell me how bad I am, how I suck at life, and that I'm a damn twat! I'm sorry. you know I would give you some excuse why I haven't updated in like 10 million years but I think you are sick of them. so I'm not going to give you any. well ya I hope you liked it and I'm going to go now. bye love! < that is now my new ending! tell me what you think! lol so ya, bye love!