CHAPTER 22

Lexi's p.o.v

I haven't seen Shawn in 1 week since he left. I don't know what's going on with him. I feel like he's not telling me something. But I also feel guilty because I'm not telling him something.

I just got off the phone with my agent and they need me in New York on Friday. Everything is done. The makeup line has been a successful creation, they just want me to see the products, chose whether I should model for the line, and when I want it to be released. I have to leave in 2 days because it's now Wednesday. I want to see Shawn. I have to text him.

Lex:hey babe. Come over?
Shawn:sure! Be there in 5

I'm nervous to tell him the news. I don't know how he'll take it.

*5 minutes later*

He's finally here.

"Hey I missed you" he says and then pecks my lips. I grab his hand and take him to the couch and we sit down.

"Listen. We need to take" I say. He has a confused expression on his face.

"Honestly we do." He says

"I'm gonna start first. Whenever the whole Cameron and Vale thing happened, I flew back to New York because I needed a distraction. I created a makeup line there and now I have to be back there for a conference on Friday. I might have to stay there long term for the makeup line to really be a success." It felt good to get that off my chest. I don't know how he'll take it.

"That's amazing! I'm so proud of you!!"

"Thank you"

"Ok I haven't been completely honest with you too. My tour break lasts 3 months. I came here with Cameron because we needed a guys trip. I've been here for almost 2 months and I got a call earlier this week that my family wants me to go back home in Canada and spend the last month with them. I already said I would. After that month, I have to continue my world tour. I won't see you for another 5 months." I can't believe what I'm hearing. He should've told me.

"Um wow" is all I can say.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I wish I would've. I need to fly back there Saturday morning. This won't change anything between us." I know it will.

"I guess. I mean we live in the modern days where texting and facetiming is a thing." I say.

"Yeah. Don't worry. We'll be alright" he says and brings me into a hug. I'm not so sure it will be.

"I need to go back to Cam's house. I can't exactly spend the night."

"Um yeah. I'll see you tomorrow because I leave on Friday."

"Ok. I love you" he says as we walk to the door.

"I love you too" and with that, he walks out the door and leaves.

This will change things with us. I won't see him for months and he won't see me. I go upstairs and start packing. Before Vale left, she packed up most of her room. Her life is in New York now. Mine will be there soon. I spend the rest of my night packing all my things.

Shawn's p.o.v

We I get back home, I go to my room and fall on my bed.

I lied to her again. We won't be alright. I can't live without seeing her and she can't live without seeing me. This will change things. As much as I don't want it to. It will. I need this night to think.