CHAPTER 33

Lexi's p.o.v

I wake up, get out of bed, walk downstairs, and greet Vale in the kitchen while she's making breakfast. Honestly, Austin needs to wife her already.

"Good morning so did Shawn come back last night?" She asks while stirring the pancake mix.

"Um yes and we talked"

"How did he take the news? Was he shocked, supportive, mad?"

"I didn't tell him" she stops stirring the mix, sets the bowl down then looks at me.

"You're stupid. He's back in Canada now, he leaves for tour tomorrow. That was your last chance to tell him properly!!"

I just nod my head. She makes the pancakes, we eat our food, then we go to the couch to watch tv. She's giving me the silent treatment. I hate it.

"I don't care that I didn't tell him. I have my plans" she drops the remote, picks it up, turns of the tv then looks back at me. She looks so taken back.

"You're considering an abortion????" She screams.

"Hell no! Now let me tell you the god damn plan!" I scream back.

After 30 minutes of explaining, I get her to agree with my plan.

"Lexi, I'm always here to support you, but don't you think what you're going to do is just a little unnecessary?"

"No. It sounds like the best thing to do at this point." She nods

"We'll tell mom the news tonight when she's finally back home."

"Ok"

Mom is finally home. It's nearing 1 a.m and I've been waiting at the kitchen table for 30 minutes. Vale went to sleep. We waited on mom, but she was too tired to stay up any longer.

I think it's best that I tell my mom before I tell Shawn. She's my mom.it just feels right. Mom comes back from her room in a robe and fuzzy socks.

"What do you need to tell me? You should be asleep." She says while sitting in the chair.

"I'm having a baby" I whisper.

"What?"

"I'm having a baby" I speak up loud enough for her to hear it.

"Hah. You can't be pregnant! That's impossible!"

"That's exactly what I thought"

She sits her elbows on the table and covers her eyes while shaking her head. I don't know what she thinks of me. I can only hope that she would be supportive.

"Um, I can't make any decisions for you. 1, being it's your body. And 2, you're almost 18. Do you have some sort of plan?"

"Yes, I want to keep the baby. I think it should know his/her's birth parents" I say. Mom breathes out and doesn't take her eyes off of me. I'm honestly really surprised by the reaction I'm getting from her. I was expecting her to be mad.

"Speaking of parents, whose the Dad?"

"Shawn" she sighs and nods.

"Did you tell him?"

"No. I'm not ready to."

"I'm going to tell you a story. I've never told Vale this, but I want you to know something. When I was 17, I got pregnant. By your father of course. When I told my mother, she was against it and she forced me into an abortion." Mom says while crying. I scoot my chair closer to her and grab her hand.

"It's the biggest regret of my life. I wish my mother would've supported me. I want to be here for you, every step of the way."

"Thank you mom. Should I tell Dad?"

"No. That bastard doesn't want anything to do with this family, the divorce and moving made that clear."

"Shouldn't he want to have a part in his grandchild's life?"

"He should, but he won't. I'm sure Vale knows about all of this?"

"Yes she was the first one to know. I'm over 1 month along."

"I should've known when Vale called me saying you kept throwing up and that your stomach was always cramping. But at the time, we just thought it was food poisoning or the flu. I'm here for you. I'm going to help you through all of this."

"Thank you so much mom. This really means a lot" I engulf her in a hug. She rubs my back. We let go. And she continues the conversation.

"You will need to tell Shawn."

"I will but definitely not now. He's going back on tour and I don't want him having to deal with this." She nods.

"Ok. Lets just go to sleep. We'll talk more in the morning."

We stand up and walk up stairs to our rooms. She tells me she loves me and kisses my forehead. I go to my room, close the door then jump into my bed.

When will I ever be ready to tell Shawn?