Chapter 4

Tuesday February 7th

Pulling up in the rental car Luke got her, Sindy is barely out of her seat when the front door opens, revealing a swim trunk clad Donny hobbling his way over.

Remaining silent she opens the door, taking the crutches once he is secured in the seat, and returns to the drivers spot.

Since she has only been in Nevada for a couple days there was no way for her to get access to a professional Physical Therapist studio, thus a quick internet search for local public pool and they were on there way.

After a tense and deafeningly quiet ride they pulled up to the indoor pool.

Hours of form and workout Donny still wasn't getting what she was saying.

"Can we just end today, it's just not working." he huffs paddling to the edge.

"That's because you're not listening to my instructions."

"Oh I'm sorry how could I not understand 'move your leg like this' ' no the other way'." Sarcasm oozing off his words "I need description. You won't get far with half assed explanations."

Hefting himself to sit by her feet he says in a softer voice "Try showing me what you want. Get in the water and do it too."

Shifting from foot to foot Sindy finally concedes "Fine but no looking"

Chuckling as he slips back in he says "I've already seen it all darling"

He could almost swear he heard her say "Well a lots changed since you've seen it" under her breath.

Lifting her scrub shirt over her head, she quickly places it over her stomach as she bends down removing her pants and shoes. Tossing them in a pile she jumps in a bit away from Donny.

Resurfacing she finds him right in front of her.

"Beautiful" he murmurs as he brushes the wet locks of hair out of her face.

Pulling back as if he slapped her she stammers out "L-let's get to w-work"