Chapter 11

Sunday March 5th

It's the day after Aria and Lukes 4th round in their dance competition and everyone is over at the Anderson household to watch the videos made of their routines. Donny even got Sindy to come along with Daniella.

After a brief moment of going over peoples names, Donny gave everyone a look as if to say 'don't even think about asking' and they headed to the living room where Adrian has the tv set up to mirror the videos from his device.

Comments on technique, wardrobe and other aspects were thrown out though all 4 videos.

"Wow, Luke I had no idea you could do that" exclaims Sindy

"Well I learned from the best, Aria and Donny are the only reason I did so good." modestly replies Luke.

"Donny? What did he do?"

Chuckling at her confused face Adrian speaks up "Luke took Donnys place when he hurt his leg or else it would have been him competing"

Turning to look at him she asks "You dance?"

"Yes, at least I used to. If you don't believe me I'm sure there are some videos floating around of routines me and Aria have done."

Holding a finger up, Adrian looks through his phone till he finds what he was looking for. "Here"

Seeing a 16 year old Aria and Donny grace their way across the floor, little Daniella squeals about how pretty the dress is.

"I'm sure we have it in storage if you want it when you're older" says Aria as she sends a bright smile to the little girl bobbing her head up and down with great speed.

"Oh I don't want to be a bother. You can keep it if you want to." buts in Sindy

"Nonsense. The girls have hundreds of outfits over the years for competitions. It would actually be a big help to get rid of some." states Donny as he reaches for the phone to pick a video that shows off his skills better. Not that he is trying to impress her of course.

"Ah, the tassel phase" he teases before pressing play.

...

On the drive back to Donnys apartment all is quiet except for the sound of Daniela sleeping away in the backseat.

"So..."

"So"

Lapsed back into silence, Sindy almost slammed on the brakes when Donny spoke up again.

"Go out on a date with me...Please." adding formalities as an afterthought.

"What!" she hissed quietly, looking in the rearview mirror to make sure Danny is still asleep.

"Go out on a date with me. We've had chemistry before, that little girl in the backseat is proof to that-"

"No, that's proof of a drunk teenage one night stand"

Ignoring her interruption, Donny turns to look at her once they are parked in the driveway, making sure she sees how serious his next words are.

"If I had the chance 3 years ago I would of still asked you out on a date. If I had the chance 3 years ago I would have done everything in my power to take care of you and our child. I would of gotten up for each and every diaper change. Stayed home so you could pursue your career. Anything you wanted, I would have done as long as we were together.

Don't kick me out of her life now that she is my whole world. I want us to work out. I want us to be together. I want us to be a family. So go out on a date with me. It may be the worst date ever or it could be the best. We won't know till we try."

And playing on his last guilt trip card he asks "Don't you think she deserves to grow up with both loving parental figures?"

Glancing back at the little girl that looks so much like her father, Sindy can't help but cave in to his demands.

"Fine"

"Fine?"

Letting out a breath, she looks him in the eyes and says "I'll go on a date with you. Not for me, not for you, but for her." Glancing back at her child. "I can't be the reason she grows up without a father when she had the chance to have him in her life. But if you mess up, so help me god, you will be nothing but a passing memory to her you hear me?"

"Understood. Trust me you won't regret this." placing a gentle kiss on her cheek, Donny gets out and goes inside his apartment.

"I sure hope not."