Chapter 13

Monday March 13th

Six weeks

It has been 6 weeks since Donnys cast has come off and his physical therapy is finally done.

As a celebration everyone decided to take the day off and go to a theme park. A couple hours in Luke sits down next to his cousin on a bench.

"You know he worships the ground that girl walks on" nodding over to Donny and Danny smiling away on the spinning tea cups. "He would be devastated if his girls left."

"I never said I.."

"I know you Sindy. We're blood. You're falling for him and you're scared. You don't want to be left on the curb again, thinking he is going to leave you both high and dry. So you plan to leave before it gets to far."

Hanging her head so he can't see how true his words are, she listens as he continues.

"The only thing that will do is hurt you all. Danny loves her father. They have already bonded even if she doesn't know who he is to her. She feels it. Daniela is a smart little girl. Gets that from her mom" bumping her shoulder with his, a small smile fights its way to her face. "Don't make her grow up with one parent who is to busy working to have time for her. I know Donny. When he sets his sights on something, he focuses solely on that. And he has his sights set on getting himself a family. You may be to scared to let yourselves be committed to each other but he is fighting tooth and nail to win over your heart."

Sighing, Sindy lifts her head to look at the man interacting with their child. "What do you want me to do? Take down all my walls and let him waltz right in. I have a daughter to think about. What if we don't work out. What if we were a one time deal. What if...what if.."

"And that's the point, 'what if'. There is no definite route, you just have to follow where your heart leads you. Don't take down your walls, at least not all of them. Give him access and let him bring them down with you. As they come down your relationship builds up. And Danny...I can tell you that 100% there is no way in hell Donny would do anything to harm her. Heck I think he even bought her a bike already. He plans to have you two in his future. The question is, do you plan to have him in yours." With that, Luke gets up to greet Aria, who just came back with some cotton candy, in a toe curling kiss.

Could I let him in? Is it worth it, is he worth it? Looking back as her little girl sit on his shoulders to the next kiddy ride Sindy reaches into her purse.

Walking over to the trash bin, she worries her lip looking back and forth between what's grasped in her hand and the man in control of her heart, riding a carousel keeping their daughter from falling off her horse. With one final look she shoves the plane tickets into the depth of the can, making her way over to the others.

As if he knows what she did, Luke gives her a nod before rejoining the conversation he was in.

"Mommy! Mommy! I love it here! Can we stay in Nabada forever?" Daniella asks hopefully.

"It's Nevada sweetheart." Seeing a tense Donny out of the corner of her eye, she knows he is listening in on the conversation. Sticking to her decision, she decides she might as well say it now. "I have been thinking about trying to get a job at the local PT clinic. What would you say about that?"

"Yes! Yes! Yes! We're staying, we're staying" she squeals earning everyone's attention.

"What's this I hear about staying?" Donny asks while picking Danny up and tickling her.

"Mommy said we're staying" she gets out between fits of laughter.

Placing her on his hip, he hugs her into his side. Looking back to Sindy he says "I'd really like that." silently thanking her for giving him a chance.