Chapter 15

Sunday March 19th

Sindy didn't know what to do. She was standing in 3 inches of water in her hotel room, rummaging around trying to pack up her and Daniella's stuff so it doesn't get ruined.

How a pipe burst, she doesn't know. All that's running through her mind is 'we're homeless'

She's already stayed longer than the room was first booked for, thus causing a conversation with her parents wondering when she will come back to Ohio. Learning she is giving her baby daddy a shot did not go over well with them, especially when she said she is trying to get a job there.

Basically banned from her birth home and kicked out of her temporary stay, Sindy finds herself at a crossroads.

Luke or Donny

If she asks to stay at Luke's house he'll ask what's wrong and probably buy her her own house. That's just how he is.

If she asks Donny, that's a big commitment. She just finally opened herself up to the ability to have feelings for him. What if she falls in love with him and he realizes he doesn't want a kid to deal with. What if he doesn't want her anymore.

And that's the point, 'what if'. There is no definite route, you just have to follow where your heart leads you

Letting Luke's voice flow through her, Sindy grabs a moping Danny and heads for her rental car, luggage in tow.

...

Donny felt horrible for lying to Luke. You just read him the note she left, it's not like you told him she's never coming back.

Trying to get over the queasy feeling in his stomach he hears his doorbell ring followed by knocking.

Not expecting company, he is surprised to see the Sindy and Daniella standing outside his door with a couple suitcases and wet feet.

"Hi Donny!" Exclaims little Danny as she launches herself at him to hug his leg.

"Hey sweets, why don't you and your mom come in. I think I have some pop tarts on the counter if you'd like." Instantly directing her off knowing a serious talk is about to ensue.

As her little feet scurry off, Donny raises an eyebrow while bringing in their luggage.

"Our hotel flooded" she blurts out, not being able to handle the silence any longer. "I can't really go back to Ohio, and I know Luke would just buy me a house and pay it off if I asked to stay with him and uncle George so that left you. I know it's a lot of me to ask for us to stay here especially so soon after I decided to give you a chance and I'll move out as soon as I get a job and enough money to get a place of my own-"

Her rambling suddenly got cut off as Donny sealed his lips over hers, waiting till she calmed down before he released her.

"Hey, it's alright. I'd be happy for you guys to stay here with me. Aria just, well she will be gone for a while so I was gunna need someone to help with rent soon anyways"

Immediately relieved at having a place to stay she hugs him tight into herself, reveling in the comfort of his arms as he holds her back.

"Thank you. Sooo much. You have no idea how worried I was that you would say no."

Chucking, Donny pulls back slightly so she can see the smile on his face. "It was purely for selfish reasons. I'll be taking every chance I can to win your heart now that you've decided to give me a chance." Turning serious he says "I won't mess this up. I didn't know it before, but now I do. My life was empty without you two in it. And I sure as hell am not going back when I've had a taste of what it's like to have you in my life."

Her heart barely had time to flutter at his words before he sealed his deal with a kiss of promise.