Chapter 22

Waking up to the smell of coffee, Donny peaks a tired eye open as the sun begins to rise seeing a smirking Luke holding two steaming cups in his hands.

"Have a fun night?" Reaching a hand up, he accepts the mug handed to him.

"Did you?"

"Oh I don't think my night was as eventful as yours Donny"

"Oh I had one hell of a night" Grinning he took a careful sip before placing his coffee next to him on the grass and taking the other one from Lukes hand, laying it down as well. "You may want to head inside."

Without giving him time to respond, Donny quickly rolls over pinning Sindy under him, startling her awake with a yelp.

"Coffee?" An impish grin crossing his face.

"What time is it?" Smiling up at him, Sindy grazes her finger across the light stubble along his jaw.

"About 7 in the morning."

Confused as to how he got coffee already when she never felt him move, Sindy moves her head as she hears the back door shut behind her cousins frame. "Oh....my god!" Slightly mortified she can't help but bust out laughing.

Dropping his head into the crook of her neck, Donnys body shakes above hers, joining in her merriment. "I love you so much"

Quieting down, Sindy wraps her arms around his neck as her legs go around his hips, hugging him into her. Grasping the ends of the top blanket, Donny swiftly leans back on his haunches, wraps them up and stands, taking them inside.

"Morning guys."

"Hey Ar. Great to have you back." Completely at ease, Donny takes a seat with Sindy still in his grasp.

Shaking her head in mirth, Aria grabs a pair of sweatpants for Donny and an oversized T-shirt and underwear for Sindy from the counter. "You're horrible you know that." Turning her attention to her she says "Figured the idiot would do something stupid so I got you guys some clothes. Breakfast will be ready soon."

Standing up he carefully slides her down till her feet touch the ground, keeping the blanket around them as she dresses. Grabbing the pants she ducts down out of site, sliding them up his legs.

Raising an eyebrow to Luke with a smirk that says 'your girl doesn't dress you like mine does' he drops their covering once she raises the waistband and kisses his navel.

As they head to the table to eat Donny suddenly remembers something and grabs Aria as she is halfway to her seat. Dragging her down the hall everyone but him is confused.

After a brief pause Luke begins to open his mouth only to stop when Donny runs back in carrying a wooden box. As he's rummaging like a madman, Aria walks back in pulling Luke to the side where they watch on as he finds what he was looking for.

Setting the rest aside, Donny grasps what he came for in his hand.

Seeing all the bracelets, necklaces and rings it suddenly clicks in Sindy's mind what he is doing. As soon as he is standing in front of her, she holds up a finger shaking in back and forth before gesturing down.

A cross between a smirk and a grin covers his face as Donny gets down on one knee. Looking up his features soften.

"Sindy Campbell....fuck i forgot what to say." Smiling down at his nervous frame she suggests he try what he said last night.

Taking a deep breathe, he tries again.

"Sindy Campbell, you have given me more in this world than I could ever ask for. A beautiful little girl that I am proud to say has the most amazing woman for a mother. Your time, your patience. And most importantly... your heart."

Taking her hand into his, Donny takes a moment to place a kiss over her third knuckle.

"I could never ask for another for there is no one better than you. I ask you but a simple question. A desperate plea. Marry me Sindy. Marry me and let me be a part of yours and Danielas lives. Let us build from the family we already have and see where it takes us....Marry me."