•tres•

"I'm fine. Why did I even agree to this?" Harry whined to himself as he paced back and forth in the corridor just in front of the infirmary. He groaned as he placed a hand on his constantly tumbling abdomen. What he hadn't told his husband was that it felt like his insides are trying to claw their way out. All day he had to sit back and ignore the shifting feeling that woke him in the mornings. He took a deep breath and walked into the hospital wing with a smile.

"Professor Potter," said Madam Pomfrey as she bustled about the room helping a few of his third years who had been sick previously. He smiled at her.

"Hey, Poppy."

"If this is a social visit, I am sorry to say I don't have the time, Professor."

"Actually I'm here for a check-up. I think I may have what they have," he said shrugging and motioning towards the kids. "I've been feeling sick for more than a week."

She stood up straighter from where she was handing a young girl a vial of a potion Harry couldn't name. She looked at him with narrowed eyes as if taking him in for the first time since he entered the room.

"Go over there," Pomfrey said motioning to a bed at the back of the room. "Sit. Stay."

"Thanks, Poppy," he said with a smile. He grabbed his stomach, but made it seem like he was just smoothing his robes out and sat on the bed furthest away from his students.

As he continued to sit his stomach started to churn again. He amounted it to nerves and shook his head before accio-ing an empty bucket to the side of the bed and upended whatever was left after the eggs and toast he forced himself to eat during breakfast. He spit into the bucket again then sat up again, wiping his mouth with the loose sleeve of his robe. Pomfrey was at his side in seconds. She was waving her wand over him in loose moments before flicking upwards sharply.

"How long did you say you've been feeling this way?" she asked calmly as she looked at the different colors that stood for different diagnosis laid across his body before she was able to look into his eyes.

"About two weeks now..."

"Okay." She nodded as she traced a direct line of magic from the middle of his forehead to his heart. "Any pain in your abdomen?"

"It isn't really tha-"

"Yes or no, Mister Potter."

"Yes, but I don't thin-"

"How long have you been feeling this pain?"

"Maybe a month," he inquired. "Two months..?"

She looked at him as if he had been doing something completely freakish.

"And you haven't come to see me before n-" she shook her head and swished her wand again, stopping the light show that had appeared to float just above Harry as he continued to sit on the edge of the bed, clutching his stomach a bit now. She narrowed her eyes at him as she stepped back. "When was the last time you were sexually active, Mister Potter?"

"Uh- I'm not- Poppy, is that appropriate?" He looked around her at the beds that held children before, but were now still and empty.

"You said you thought you had what they had," she said motioning behind her to the empty beds. "They were having after effects from an updated Weasley formula. George is nice enough to send over antidotes to everything he sells. Which leads me to you.

"I- I don't understand."

"You couldn't catch something that isn't contagious, Professor. Now if you wouldn't mind answering the question. When was the last time you were sexually active?"