•nueve•

Lunch, Harry decided as he began walking from his defense classroom to the great hall, was a waste of time. He and the students could easily eat during class, then he wouldn't have to worry about walking all the way down to the Great Hall. He wasn't as young as he used to be and the two pounds of liquid weight he's started to put on to prepare for the fetus was driving him insane.

He had read through the pamphlets at least three times each since he had been given them this morning. Sure he understood a bit better now, but that didn't mean he was going to be bloody happy about all the changes he was going to have to keep up with.

On the way to the Great Hall, he ran into about five different students who wanted to let him know they were happy that he was feeling good enough to come back to class even if he did look a  little uncomfortably tired. He thanked them, but put no real effort forth to smile as he slumped into the dinning hall with an exhausted air surrounding him, as if even the castle was feeling uncomfortable at the idea of what was growing inside of him.

Draco was practically glowing as he walked in. They usually kept their PDA to a minimum during school hours, but as Harry slumped towards the table, the blonde immediately stood and moved to pull out his husband's chair. A few students looked up in surprise, mostly the first years or any students who hadn't had a chance to have a class with either of the two men.

"Are you feeling any better, love?" Draco said while sliding his plate over to Harry and fixing himself a new one. The ravenette shrugged and started picking at a piece of carrot that was beneath his chicken.

"I'm just tired, is all." He shook his head when Draco narrowed his eyes before sending the blonde a small forced smile. "Really, I'm fine."

"You know you're pants when it comes to lying. What's wrong?"

"Can we have this conversation somewhere else? Maybe not in the middle of the bloody Great Hall?"

"I would just like to know if you're okay without you lying about it." The blonde turned angrily back to his own meal. Ignoring Harry for the rest of lunch unless he was asking for him to pass something or refilling both of their goblets with juice.

When Harry had finally had enough of both the food and the silent treatment he stood back up and made to leave the table. His husband grabbed his hand calmly before wiping his mouth, placing his napkin on top of his plate and standing as well. As they left the room they made their way down the corridor and up towards Harry's classroom where Draco ushered then both inside before closing and locking the door before throwing up a muffliato and a privacy charm just in case.

They stood in silence staring at each other. The paler man not knowing how to start and the darker man not knowing how to share.

Minutes passed and they both stood there staring at each other as if daring the other to just open their mouth already.

"Have you even read any of these brochures?" Were the words that finally tumbled from Harry's mouth as he motioned towards the small booklets on his desk and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Can't say that I've had the pleasure." The blonde moved slowly, but reached the desk in no time to pick up and analyze the pamphlets in front of him. Once he was finished he had his eyebrows furrowed together in thought. "Is this what has you so..." he moved his hands in a flapping motion. "...frazzled?"

"Maybe," said the younger man shrugging.

"Why couldn't you just tell me that? You aren't too far along to where anything in here is going to affect you unless you don't take your potions. I want you to be safe, love. I can't make sure you're okay if you don't talk to me when you're uncomfortable about something. Okay?"

Harry narrowed his eyes.

"You seem way too relaxed about all this. Isn't that usually my job?"

The taller man walked over and wrapped his arms around his husband from behind, sitting his chin on the warmer man's shoulder and placing chaste kisses on his neck.

"Sometimes you need someone to be there for you, Hare. I love just being here when you need me. You deserve the world and I want to be with you to provide it."

The bespectacled man rolled his eyes and pulled away chuckling.

"You're such a sap," he insisted before turning around and leaning up in order to kiss the tip of his husband's nose. He moved down then and kissed his lips. They both seemed to relax into the kiss and Draco was able to walk him back into his own desk. He lifted him and sat him on a few stray papers before their lips connected again.

"I'm not a sap," he said briefly as he pulled back. "Things have just been going well for us. I'm happy."

Harry looked up at him almost in awe before breaking into one of those uncontainable, lopsided grins and nodding.

"Things are good." He looked up at his husband with a type of uninhibited joy. "We're going to be a real family, Dray."

"We are a real family," the man responded with a chuckle rolling his eyes.

"Obviously, but- I mean, if it's a girl then our family would be complete, wouldn't it."

Draco flicked Harry's forehead.

"Don't be such an idiot. Whatever happens, girl, boy, or anything in between, we are still a family. You, me and all of our kids, okay?" The blonde kissed his forehead softly then took off the privacy charms and unlocked the door so he could head to his own classroom.

Harry slid off the desk and followed him to the door. They shared a quick kiss just as the students started flooding the corridors.

"Love you," he called after the retreating blonde who laughed, but responded anyway.

"Love you too, Potter."

-&-

hey futher muckers
sorry about the wonky updating

i was thinking about maybe unpublishing some stuff while i get caught up with school and finishing a story

fun fact: amortentia was actually my first ever completed fanfic without a sequel. mine was my second until i decided on this.

im no good at finishing things, but i want to finish these so it may take time between updates because i am in uni and sometimes the chapters don't flow from one to the next.

sorry in advance

welp i hope you all enjoyed
love y'all

-- angel janeé xoxo 💋