•veintisiete•

Harry pushed the door open slowly and saw two tiny pouting faces. One of which was still screaming their red little head off, but a silencing charm was enough to keep it to a constant hum.

"Papa's here, love." He moves over to Anita who had started kicking at the bars on her crib in an attempt to be heard. Meanwhile Lyra had started floating regularly and was kicking and gurgling happily in the air above her crib.

"Woah! Professor, she's floating!"

For less than a second he forgot that his class was behind him once he had calmed Anita down and taken the silencing charm off. As he bounced her lightly he checked her diaper. When she was clean he peeked over and did the same to Lyra trying not to make the floating girl bob too much.

"Yeah, she does that," said the man, fondly."Not quite sure how to get her to stop."

Are they twins, professor?
What's their names, sir?
They're so small!
I wonder if I was ever that small!
Congratulations, sir!

"Thank you," he says with a smile and heated cheeks. "And yes, they are twins, actually. This little lady is Anita, and that floating bundle of accidental magic is her sister Lyra."

"My mum says when I was a baby I only stopped floating in the bath," supplied one of Harry's students happily, watching him play with his daughter. He laughed before responding.

"She only floats when she's sleeping or eating, so it isn't too often, just often enough that I've stopped questioning it," he says with another fond smile, while lying both girls back into the cribs then charming bottles to feed them until completion. He cast a tempus and checked the time. "Now, we may have just enough time to review what you've been over while I've been gone, yeah?"

The class groaned but turned and headed back to their new classroom to take their seats. Harry followed them happily with a glance back towards the twins.

The rest of his day went on in a similar fashion. He talked to the class, each one less surprised than the last, but just as happy to see him. They met Anita and Lyra, who were up and bouncing around with a couple of house elves by his second class. It was nice, he thought, having a job and his girls.

When Scorpius' class came in he was excited to see his dad and his sisters, but nothing else seemed to be going right for the little blonde. Harry tried to talk to him and reassure him, but he was in teacher mode and the boy refused to stay after abd talk about it. It was something he decided he needed to come to terms with on his own. Or at least that's what he told Harry.

By lunch, Draco was bursting through the Hogwarts' adjoining door with a blinding grin.

"The rest of the castle is buzzing and I don't know who is more excited, me or the fifth years," he said without much preamble, in typical Malfoy fashion, closing the door behind him then moving to sit on his husband's desk and scope out the rest of the room. "This is actually nice."

"What, you thought Ron and I were going to budge it up?"

"No. Of course not. Weasley is a big strong auror remember," he said with false excitement before going calmly serious again and shrugging before picking up something from Harry's desk and examining it with a furrowed brow. "I thought you were going to budge it up."

The ravenette snorted but snatched the paper clip his husband was holding anyway. Through the horror and mood swings of pregnancy hormones and prenatal potions, Harry had almost forgotten how snarky his husband was. His blonde had learned to be more agreeable even if he didn't really mean all of it. When Draco turned around to look at him Harry's face broke into a lopsided grin.