•catorce•

As expected, letters had started to come in and the next few mornings during breakfast saw Professor Potter being bombarded by owls until Headmistress McGonagall rerouted them to force envelopes to his personal quarters.

That night at family dinner while both he and Draco checked the letters, the boys were simply giddy about the good news.

"A baby sister!" Scorpius says in awe.

"So what're you going to name'er?" Teddy chimes in as well, just as excited. Both of them had stopped eating to listen to their fathers' responses.

"Narcissa Lily?" asks Harry chewing on a green bean, with his head tilted to the side as he looks across the table towards his husband who is shaking his head.

"Lily Narcissa," Draco says instead, wiping at the corners of his mouth with his napkin.

Scorpius looked between his dads and snorted. When they looked at him his smile quickly fell and he snapped his mouth shut.

"Uh...I just meant to say, th-they both sound the same. Why does the order matter? What's in a name, and all that, you know?"

"Shakespeare?" asked his bespectacled dad looking over to his father. "He knows Shakespeare?"

"Of course he knows Shakespeare," said the older blonde preening. "I homeschooled him, remember. I've always loved Shakespeare."

"B-but I thought Shakespeare was a muggle writer..."

"Oh, he was. Very plebian and what have you, but his writings are classics. His work was able to bring together witches, wizards and muggles during a time of blood purity in a way nothing else did. It is said to be possible that he was possibly a squib but-"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, very romantic." Teddy said offhandedly, his hair changing between a pastel blue and a silvery hue. "You two nerds getting off on history and literature is beautiful. True love at it's finest, but we were discussing names, specifically our sister's."

A wand was pointed in his face within seconds and he was burping up bubbles. Scorpius doubled over in laughter.

"I'm pretty sure we taught you how to show respect, Ted. It'd be great if you'd actually do it," Harry said before doing the countercurse. Teddy blushed, but held his ground with an agreeing nod.

"Sorry, pops, but I was just trying to get back, you know, on topic." He shrugged and looked back down at his plate before looking back up when he realized no other words were forthcoming from anyone. He met his brother's eyes, but he only shrugged before restating his own previous question.

"Why does the order matter?" Scorpius said finally ticking into his food again.

"Mostly out of respect," Draco said. "Harry's mother, your Nan as it were, even if we never got to know her, was known for her intelligence and bravery, but so is your Grand-mère so we agreed that your sister would be named after both of them, but we can't agree on what order will honor them each the best."

"But...it doesn't really matter does it? Either way you're honoring them, it's more about what you would rather call her when it's time to do chores and stuff, right?"

Teddy snorted in agreement and the men like at each other in surprise before belatedly agreeing.

"Lily Narcissa?" Harry asked. Draco smirked in agreement.

"Lily Narcissa," the oldest blonde said with a decisive nod. "Now we can pick a room for her once we're home for break." Although he was trying to look impassive, his family could see the joy in his eyes and the giddiness in his quick and wager movements.