Day 22

It's been a week since Hyorin turned 19. Not much had happened other than the fact she's been holed up in her room complaining about how she 'doesn't want to become an adult' and Jungkook and Sejun doing whatever they can to drag her out.

The only time she really left the shelter was the day of her birthday, in which Jungkook had to forcefully bribe her with dinner to get her to leave her home.

The only other time she even came out of her room for a significant amount of time was New Years. Fireworks were set off at Fleur Cafe, and Jungkook had happily watched them with Hyorin, even though she was constantly whining. With her attitude, I'm sure many people would believe Hyorin was on that time of the month.

Funny thing was, Jungkook found it adorable how Hyorin was seeking affection like a lost puppy. She received quite a lot from her seven dogs, which she was satisfied with for a while, until she pulled another all nighter and collapsed from fatigue onto Jungkook while he was visiting. Jungkook had to stay there and act as a pillow for Hyorin.

And as much of a handful as Hyorin was, he didn't mind. He liked spending time with her, telling bad jokes and puns, Sejun throwing in a few random comments like 'you guys are cute together' and such, to which Hyorin would laugh off with a small tint of red dusting her cheeks before shooing her brother out of the room. Some even went along the lines of 'don't forget to use pr—' which would immediately be cut off by a red faced Hyorin throwing something at Sejun's face, whether it be pillow or book or pencil or whatever.

Jungkook would always laugh along with Hyorin at the comments Sejun likes to say, though it was quite embarrassing.

"Hey, Hyorin."

"Hmm?" she hummed in response, her eyes glued to her phone.

"How long has it been since we met?" Jungkook asked.

She snorted, "You mean since you stumbled into my shelter hiding from harshly falling snow and somehow ending up friends? Um, maybe a few weeks?"

"No wayyyyy," Jungkook said, sprawling himself on her bed, his head hanging off the side as he looked at Hyorin sitting on the floor with her phone, though to him it looked like she was sitting on the ceiling. "It feels like I've known you for years..."

She nodded knowingly. "It does," she agreed, since at this point they've been hanging out pretty much everyday. Jungkook and the rest of BTS's break wasn't over until the tenth of January, so there were six more days of lounging around and being lazy. Other than Jungkook going out every now and then to stay in shape.

"Hey, do you like anyone? Or did you?" Jungkook asked suddenly.

"Wow, what are you, a middle school girl?"

"Maybe."

She chuckled and glanced at him, "I'd believe it. What brought on this question anyway? Do you like someone?"

"Maybe."

She snorted again, "Well, I've never had a crush on anyone that wasn't anything but infatuation so far. In my 19 years of life, I have not yet experienced true romantic feelings for someone. I do hope I meet someone or realize I've fallen in love, but honestly I'm not sure I will. Sejun's told me countless times I'm just dense and clueless as hell, but I don't know. What about you?"

He seemed to be in thought before answering, "Honestly, I'm not sure either. I think I might be in love, but I can't say for sure yet. I haven't known her for that long, and... well, I don't think she sees me that way..."

She did her best to hold back a laugh that was surfacing. She failed.

"HEY! WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING?! YOU TRAITOR!" Jungkook yelled, immediately sitting up and throwing a pillow at Hyorin's face.