Day 39; khr/jjk

KHR

"Sejun! Over here!" I yell, waving my hands at my brother.

His eyes followed the sound of my voice as he saw me, dragging his suitcase behind him. He rushed over to me, throwing his arms around me protectively. I saw a few stares from the other people in the airport, but I didn't really care. I was just glad my brother was here again.

"Sorry I couldn't be here earlier. All the flights were booked."

I shook my head, "No, it's fine. I'm just glad you're here."

He nodded, before his gaze hardened. "Now, where is this bastard who broke my sister's heart?"

I shook my head. "He's gone. I don't know where, but it doesn't matter either."

He looked at me, concern evident in his eyes. "You sure?"

I nodded. "Yeah. Let's go back to the shelter. The dogs miss you. Oh, did I mention Bokshiri got adopted?"

He shook his head, and I happily started to describe the sweet couple that adopted her. With his suitcase in hand, we walked outside and I noticed a crowd. Screams were heard, but they weren't ones of fear.

"Jungkook I love you!" I heard one say, and I stiffened. Hoping Sejun wouldn't notice, I tried to guide Sejun away from the crowd, but he noticed. I saw his eyes boil with fury as he started to walk over. I grabbed his wrist, trying to hold him back.

"Please," I say quietly. He looks down at me before casting another spiteful glance towards the crowd surround BTS, and turns around to follow me.

JJK

I kept my gaze lowered to the ground, watching my feet. Step by step we walked through the airport, Taehyung closely behind me. I didn't look up until I heard someone yell "Jungkook I love you!" I don't know why, but just a small part of me was hoping it was Hyorin. I scanned the crowd of people before my eyes locked onto a girl. A girl with dark brown hair that fell to her shoulders. Her familiar light hazel brown eyes. She was wearing a pastel pink hoodie and a pair of jeans. Sneakers and a beanie topped it off. It was her. I guess she got a haircut in the past few days. But she wasn't the one who called out. She was holding onto a man's wrist. I didn't even have to look to know who it was.

But I looked. I looked at his face, and we made eye contact. Kim Sejun's eyes bore into mine, containing an anger that made me purse my lips under my surgical mask. He was angry, and he has every right to be. I broke my promise, I hurt his sister. And here I am, leaving for a world tour, leaving her and Seoul behind for a couple months without a choice. Every part of my heart aches, it aches with a longing to rush over to her side, pull her into a hug, tell her everything's gonna be fine.

But I can't. Sejun wouldn't just stand by and let me do that. Sejun wouldn't dare to trust me again.

Taehyung tapped my shoulder, sending me a look that said 'get going, you're going to cause a scene if we don't start moving.'

I realized I had been staring and standing still for a brief moment. Thankfully Hyorin and Sejun were facing the other way by now, so no one traced my gaze to them and suspected anything. I shook my head slightly before hurrying back to my hyungs. I heard some whispers, most of them about how I just zoned out. As we navigated around the airport surrounded by security, I couldn't help but remember the way I had met Hyorin. We'd only met a month or so ago, and yet we'd already been through so much. And then the realization hit me. It'd only been a month or so. How could I have thought she would've like me back under any circumstance. Had I stayed longer, had I been there for her, had we been friends even longer, maybe things wouldn't have turned out this way. I felt as if I had known her for years, and that's why I had been so sure she would like me back as well. Why did I rush into confessing? I should've stayed longer, confirmed my feelings 100% and waited until perhaps she had harbored feelings for me too.

I followed my hyungs as we boarded the plane and took our seats. I sat by the window next to Taehyung. Things between Jimin and I weren't very good, and you can probably guess why.

"So what are you going to do? Let her go?" Taehyung asks beside me.

"I...I don't know," I reply, slumping down against the backrest. "I really don't. But honestly, I don't think I can do anything. She'll no doubt only push me away. She'll never want to see my face again."

Taehyung snorted, leaning back against the backrest as well, "I doubt that. I'm sure she'll want to see you, whether she knows or not. Even from only meeting her once or twice, the way she looked at you was affectionate. She definitely considered you more than a friend, whether romantically or platonically."

"Then why..."

"Because you pushed her away. You saw Jimin go after her," Taehyung said, looking at me through the corner of his eyes. "And you gave up on her. You left her, and that's when her feelings started to diminish. She got over you because you gave her no reason to stay in love with you."

He finished as he looked away, and I glanced out the window. He was right.

I remember how we had met, I remember how kind she was. I remember so much from when we first met, and if I could, I'd go back and do it all over again, but I'd fix my mistakes. I wish I could go back in time, but I can't.

All that is left for me right now is regret.

*************

A/N: wow last chapter was cringey like what

also i'm sorry im so lazy lmao it took me forever to get this chapter out oops

i'll try to get the next few chapters out asap, along with my other books, especially bloodlust and take you home