Day 26; ksj/jjk

(ksj - Kim Sejun)

KSJ

I can hear it in her voice. She's pained. She doesn't know it, but she's hurting because Jungkook likes someone to which she doesn't believe is her. But I know it, Jungkook likes my sister. There's no possible way he doesn't. The way she looks at her, the way his eyes glitter when she smiles. That's love in all forms.

Hyorin isn't home today, as it's Sunday, meaning she has work st Fleur Cafe. Her break ended today, so she's back to working, while the rest of us are still on vacation. I'll probably also be heading back home to America in a few more days, so there's someone I need to talk to before I do. The door chimes as someone walked into the shelter.

Speak of the devil.

"Sejun?"

"Hey," I greeted, waving. "Hyorin's at work. Her break ends today."

"Oh really? She didn't tell me. Should I head over or..." he asked uncertainly.

"Nah, stay and chat a little. It'd be nice to get to know my sister's boyfriend before I leave for America again," I teased.

Jungkook's face flushed as he closed the shelter door, heading towards me. "We aren't dating..."

I laughed, which seemed to surprise him. "I know, I know. Just teasing. Anyways, have you asked for her number yet?"

Jungkook pursed his lips as he raised his eyebrows. "I hadn't thought of that."

"Of course you haven't," I chuckled, as Jungkook chuckled along with me.

"Hey, I never got to ask. What do you do for a living?"

I scratched the back of my head as I sighed. "Nothing to special, really. I'm a photographer."

"What about Hyorin?"

I looked at him, confused. He should already know.

"I mean, like, other than being an artist and working as a waitress and running the shelter, does she do anything else?" he quickly clarified.

I raised an eyebrow, and answered his question with my own. "Jungkook. Do you like my sister?"

The carefree atmosphere of the room vanished as I finished my question. Jungkook's mouth gaped like a fish, before biting his lower lip. "I...I don't know," he mumbled, curling his fingers into a fist. "Even if I did, Hyorin deserves someone better."

"What makes you think that?"

"She's a hardworking girl who doesn't do anything but overwork herself. Once you leave Korea, she'll go back to her old habits. She deserves someone who can be with her at all times to look over her, not a k-idol who doesn't have enough time to always being her side," Jungkook said through gritted teeth, his heart clenching.

"You may be right. But let me tell you this. Hyorin most likely returns your feelings, and knowing her, no matter how hard it is, if she loves you, she'll wait for you."

Jungkook opened his mouth to speak with a relieved smile, but I continued. "But—"

Of course there would be a 'but'.

"—she hasn't shown any sign of this, but she's slowly developed trust issues since our parents divorced. Her life has never been a simple one. She didn't have to many close friends throughout school, and ones she did have eventually ditched her. I'm surprised she opened up to you so quickly, it usually takes months for her to even mention her past to someone."

"Then why did she...?"

"I don't know. I guess she really liked you. She won't admit it, but I think she's so head over heels for you, she can't even believe she's in love. She's in total denial that you may have potential feelings for her. So I'm going to ask again. Do you have romantic feelings for my sister?"