Day 93

April 20, 2017

Three months had passed since Jungkook had left Korea for their tour. Thankfully it was over by now, and Jungkook let out a sigh of comfort as a wave of familiarity washed over him. Trudging through the streets of Seoul once more, he shoved his hands in his pockets and hopped along the street with a bounce in his step. All had seemed well, and he certainly felt fine. Only faint lingering memories of Hyorin remained, and he'd gotten over her by now, or so he thinks. Yeah, life seemed fantastic for Jungkook.

Now, Hyorin?

Perfect.

You'd expect Hyorin to cry and cry and cry and be heartbroken for the longest time, but what happened was quite the opposite. With her brother at her side each step of the way, Hyorin was able to enjoy life without a single memory of Jungkook. She started hanging out with Mina a lot, and they often went to the mall after work. Sejun was always helping around the shelter, and Hyorin had four more clients who adopted a dog.

A high schooler came by with his father Daegu, since that was their hometown. A nice lady in her mid twenties came looking for a dog that could help her relax after a long day of work, and adopted the loving golden retriever, Miso. Haru was adopted by a young couple who were moving in together. Hyun had taken a liking to a man in his late twenties soon after he had entered the shop, and he probably did too, since he agreed to adopt him. And now the two that were left were Sunja and Mocha, whom Hyorin had decided to personally adopt.

Hyorin stopped thinking about Jungkook completely at one point. She stopped caring and her broken heart had healed. She always knew that something like this would happen. They were suddenly strangers, and she was disappointed, but not surprised. All good things have an end.

**********

"Sejun," Hyorin called.

"Yes?"

"There're still boxes in my room, could you get those? Be careful though, they're pretty heavy."

"No problem, I'll be right back," he says as he heads back into the shelter.

"Remodeling starts today," Hyorin mumbles to herself, smiling slightly. Now that all the dogs had been adopted, Wildflower Shelter was officially no more. She wasn't gonna tear it down though, no. She's made too many memories to do that. Instead, Hyorin's remodeling the entire building to resemble a home. Sejun has decided to move back to Korea until "you find a boyfriend," he claims. They were crashing at Mina's house for the time being, since it was relatively close by.

"I'm back," Sejun says as he sets down the boxes with a grunt. "God you were right, thais are heavy. What the hell do you have in there?"

Hyorin chuckled as Sejun wiped his hands on his shirt. "A bunch of picture frames, a few paintings."

"A few wouldn't be that heavy, you must have a million in there, holy."

A laugh was heard from Hyorin.

And eyes widened at the sound across the street. Jungkook had been walking down the street, and froze as he heard the familiar laugh. He bit his lip, glancing over. And, of course, there she was again. Her dark brown hair, which had grown out in the last three months to her mid back, tied up in a high pony tail. Her small height, her small hands, her cute voice. Her glasses perched on her nose, a smile resting on her lips as she chatted with her brother.

"That used to be me..." Jungkook thought, his hand unwillingly curling into a fist.

He felt heat rise to his cheeks as he looked over again, seeing her smile so happily only gave him deja vu. He began to walk away, happy that Hyorin had moved on, but a part of him told him to go back. He resisted to urge to run over and give her a hug, like he had the day he left three months ago. Oh, how he wanted to hold her tight and apologize for all that he had done and confess properly. Oh, how he realized he, as a matter of fact, was no where near close over her. He had only been distracted.