Protector (Misaki Yata x Reader)

"Get the girl!" a man roared.

It was all you needed to hear for you to start running. There was no proof at all that the man's call to attack was aimed at you, but after months of being apart of Homra, you knew that there was no such thing as being too safe especially since you were practically defenseless compared to the other members. They were always the ones who did all the fighting while you were just, well, there.

As you turned the corner into an alleyway, you took a few steps backward trying to see if the guys who you thought to be chasing you really were. Time almost seemed to have slowed down for the next few moments, seemingly making it last forever. As soon as the sigh of relief left your body thinking that you were in the clear, you regretted it. The group of guys suddenly rounded the corner sporting nasty smirks once they spotted you.

The man who you presumed to be the leader was standing in the middle with his hands buried in his pockets. He nodded his head in your direction as he glanced over at his men.

"I don't have all day, boys. Get her before this drags on any longer," he ordered.

Without wasting a single moment, the men were chasing you once again, but this time they were a lot closer than before and you were already worn out. All it took was just one of them to corner you for them all to surround you. You looked around desperately for a gap between them that you could squeeze through, but there was none. You were trapped.

"You're from Homra," the leader stated, walking up to you until he was only a couple feet away. He stared intimidatingly down at you as if he wanted to see you flinch away, but you stood your ground. Guys like him couldn't intimidate you that easily; you were from Homra after all.

"I don't know what you're talking about," you replied sweetly, following everything Yata told you to say if you ever found yourself in a situation like this. It nearly killed you to have to reject the place you loved so much like that, but Yata always told you to do so for your own safety. He would tell you it every day, but never did you think you'd actually find yourself in a situation where'd you have to do it.

"Cut the crap," he snapped harshly. "I recognize you from the last time we ran into them. Those bastards attacked us when our backs were turned and beat us for information!"

Yes, you did remember that. In any other circumstance, you would feel pity for them if it wasn't for the fact that they were involved with some rather shady businesses and were helping them to cross Homra. You were even there when Yata and the others attacked, it being one of the few times they actually let you come along. Given by how badly they were beaten by the others, you were honestly quite surprised that they were seeking revenge.

These group of guys may not be of clansmen of a sector, but they were still dangerous especially since you had no fighting capabilities at all. Oh, how you wished Yata let you learn how to fight before this. You would've been able to handle this situation in no time if that was the case, but of course he had to be over protective about letting you fight. That just meant you needed to pay your cards very carefully with this.

"So what are you looking for?" you asked as you crossed your arms, finally dropping the act. "Compensation for what they did to you? That's never going to happen so don't even bother wasting your time with this."

You thought that would be enough to convince them to give up with this little suicidal plan of theirs, but your confusion washed over you when all the guys started to laugh including the leader himself.

"You honestly think we're just gonna walk up to the Homra building and demand compensation? I know they would never do it willingly. But if we had someone they cared about, someone like you, they'd have to."

Before you could react, the man had already lunged and grabbed a tight hold of your wrist and pinned it behind your back painfully. Squirming proved to be pointless as it only ended up bringing more pain upon yourself. At this point, you didn't even care if you knew how to fight or not. Just some basic self-defense techniques would be perfectly fine! Damn Yata and his stubbornness.

There was nothing you could do to escape. All you could do was wait for the others to come rescue you, but to your surprise, that occurred a lot quicker than expected. Before the group of men could force you into the truck they pulled around, a sudden voice stopped them right in their tracks.

"What the fuck do you bastards think you're doing?!" the chestnut-haired boy roared as he came rolling in on his skateboard and his baseball bat raised.

The man who still had your hand firmly pinned against your back froze, watching as his men swarmed Yata. You couldn't help the smirk that appeared on your face. The man looked so cocky at the sight before him. Yata may be outnumbered a dozen to one, but you knew that numbers didn't mean anything in this fight. He didn't even need to raise his bat to knock them all out. The leader's face dropped when he saw all his men crumpled on the ground; the cockiness quickly dissipating as soon as it came.

"H-here! You can have her!" stammered the man as he pushed you aside as he backed up quickly, a look of pure fear on his face. It was far too late for him to get away easily, especially not with Yata at the scene now. He had his chance.

"Didn't anyone teach you never to hurt a girl?" he asked as he zoomed on his skateboard closer to the terrified man. "Especially not my girl, asshole!"

He finally raised his bat as he got close enough to the man and swung, hitting him directly in the gut. The man instantly crumpled to the ground with a scream as blood dribbled from his mouth. Yata jumped off his skateboard the moment all the men were down and ran towards where you were standing, rubbing your sore wrist.

"(Y/N), are you okay?" he asked worriedly, pulling you into a hug as soon as he reached you.

"Yeah, I'm fine," you assured him, forcing a smile onto your face.

After he pulled away from you, he looked at you sternly. "Didn't I tell you to deny being affiliated with Homra if something like this happened?"

"I tried that, trust me. They already recognized me and that's why they chased me down in the first place."

"I can't believe those assholes laid their filthy hands on you," he spat, looking at their unconscious bodies with pure fury.

"They hardly did anything - it's okay. But didn't I tell you that teaching me how to fight would be a good idea?"

"You never need to learn how to fight," he told you, placing his hands on your cheeks before pressing his lips against yours. He tugged your bottom lip gently with his teeth before slowly pulling away and pressing his nose against yours. "I'll always be around to protect you."