Backstabbers (Shiro x Reader)

You had just woke up from a good nights sleep and felt the need to go hang out with everyone in the "living room." As you make your way there you hear what seems to be angry or maybe even irritated yells. Keeping a small distance from the door so it doesn't automatically open, you listen in hearing the voices clearly now.

"Honestly (F/N) is such a pushover, when they battle they can barely throw even one punch! There useless!" You hear Pidge yell.

"I agree, but their looks are even worse! Why do you think I don't even flirt with them?" Lance complies.

Your eye's widened at what they said, feeling the sting in your eyes while trying to hold back tears. But you refused to cry, you wanted to hear more of what they had to say about you, they continued.

"There also bad at cooking, they almost burned the place down when I said they could help me!" Hunk spat.

You couldn't believe that they were saying such mean things, they were so nice to you when you were around. You kept listening to hear who else was in the room since you couldn't see in. 

'Bastards..'

"Guys come on don't be so hard them, they come from a planet where violence hardly existed. You can't blame them for that. Also, what is wrong with you! Talking about a fellow friend like that, would you like it if one of us were doing this to you?" Shiro remarked sharply.

Everyone fell silent.

You felt hope in your heart as Shiro defended you. While you were ready to walk in you finally heard Keith speak.

"We understand that you care and love them Shiro, and I really want to give them a chance but from what they have shown so far.. They just seem to be a burden." You noticed he hesitated on his last remake, but Shiro loved you? Why?

You stood up and finally walked in as if you didn't hear a word they said. They all flinched when you walked in, they must not have expected you. This made you grin, and sit down on the couch.

Staying in the place of where you sat you spoke up, "Hey guys."

"H-hey (F/N)!" You heard Lance stutter, you assume he was hoping you didn't hear anything like all the others. Of course.

You could feel the holes they were staring into your back, as the tension grew bigger.

At first, you didn't reply, but you decided to stand up for yourself. You weren't just gonna let them talk about you behind your back like that. But then you thought about what Keith said, about Shiro loving you. You secretly liked him too but from that remake, your love grew even bigger. You just wondered why he actually liked you back. 

You turn around facing everyone with a fake smile on your face, you wanted to test them. So the test began with this simple saying,

"So, how do you think I did in today's battle huh? I did great right!"

They all gave each other glances and faced that they were amazed and happy about how you did. This disgusted you, the only person that didn't say anything was Shiro. You guess he didn't want to spoil the "moment" or interfere, and that'd he'd just talk to you later about it. But you'd already beat him to it.

Your smile quickly turns into a plain blank one, they didn't pass the test. So now it was time for there results.

"Well, that's weird because.." You paused. "Pidge did you just say I'm useless when it comes to fighting? I mean you have no room to talk cause your fighting skills aren't that good either. I mean you have a grappling hook as your Bayard, which you just use to catch people or run away with. So you have no room to talk when it comes to strength." Without even caring what she had to say you move on looking towards Lance.

"And you Lance. Looks? Really? That's the best thing you can come up with. Not to mention the reason why I think you don't flirt with me is because your trash doesn't work on me, like the trash you are. Also thanks for reminding me of how ugly I am, I really needed that!" You said sarcastically, purposely sounding falsely excited.

You blankly look at Hunk, "Hunk, I'm so not sorry that me being bad at cooking is such a tragedy for you. Just take it as a lesson for you never to ask me for help again, Your welcome." You give a thumbs up.

You start to turn to Shiro but since he stood up for you, you decided to look over at Keith instead.

"Okay so, a burden. Heh, that's funny cause last I checked aren't you half Galra. If you ask me that caused quite the commotion for Allura and others, so you have no right to talk about burdens. Speaking of which your sometimes so rude and to yourself all the time, but everyone still accepted you right?" You tilt your head to the side a bit to emphasize your question, but before he could answer you turn to Shiro.

You pause. Then smiled.

"Thank you for standing up for me Shiro, I appreciate it. An about the love thing we'll talk about that in a moment." He blushed slightly but instantly turned serious again, nodding his head.

You looked around at everyone else, to see their reactions to your clear "calm rage" against them.

"All those things that you guys just said may be true, but honestly how would you feel or react if all the people you've been hanging around with were talking about you behind your back? Because if you haven't noticed I haven't yelled once in this whole time and I'm still trying hard not to." You paused yet again.

You shifted off the couch and sighed, "I will forgive you for now but if this happens again, it won't be me just giving you comebacks and glares."

You make your way back to the door grabbing Shiro by the hand, making him walk out with you. You decided to say one last thing before walking out the door,

You look over your shoulder to see them all looking away from you in shame.

"Oh, and by the way, if you wanna talk shit about someone behind there back try whispering and not yelling at the top of your lungs. It gives you a less chance of getting caught, or just don't do it at all." Walking out the door with Shiro following behind, you make it to your room.

You both got to your room, you collapsed on your bed considering what had just happened. Your knees felt a bit weak and you just wanted to rest. You sit up and acknowledge Shiro's existence, glancing at him. He sits next to you and gives you a hug for comfort.

You hug back tightening it, he whispers in your ear.

"I'm so sorry about them, they didn't mean it. There just.. kinda stressed right now." You pull back from the hug looking him straight in the eyes.

"It's okay. I don't mind too much, I told them off well, so my steamer has piped down a bit." You chuckled, as well as Shiro did too.

You both smile at each other and kiss, it felt as if his lips held freedom within them. Because when you kissed him all your tension and irritation broke free of you, leaving you and Shiro in a long kiss of peace and love. You finally separated from each other to breathe again, once more you two looked deep into each other's eyes.

"I'll make sure it'll never happen again, I promise." He muttered.

You giggle in reply, "I love you too."

After a while, the night ended up with you and Shiro cuddling with each other, sleeping soundly. With no disturbance. No backstabbers.

Just you and Shiro.

(AN: I actually did a one-shot, yay! It was kinda more drama then you and Shiro lovin tho but hey, it works. Also, I typed 1400 words.. Quiznak that's a lot, well it comes naturally to me I guess. See ya :p)

(This story allies to all genders btw)