Clouded Red (Mermaid!Keith X Reader)

Blue is surrounding them...

Slower and slower, deeper and deeper...

They drift into the abyss of darkness...

"so cold," yet that thought would only float into oblivion becoming a part of this daunting threshold...

Oxygen fought its way against this blue thickness only to be consumed by it, flooding the inside of this useless diligent body...

Burning is what erupted within the body of humanity, sinking deeper and deeper into there grave of a never-ending sleep...

As consciousness slips away...

Red was what clouded this humans vision. The color of blood, anger,

and their misery...

. . .

Air is what you inhaled and muffled voices are what you heard. Your eyes still closed, eyelids to heavy to lift at the moment. So you just lay where ever you are, enjoying the peace, for it may be the last time you experience it. You wondered if you were dead or still drowning. You also wondered if your friend pushed you in or you just fell in completely on your own.

You had just become friends with her not too long ago, she was cool and you guys were the best of friends already.

Or so you thought.

She started to act odd, smiling less, glaring at you when she thought you weren't looking, mumbling things under her breathe, and accidentally insulted you from time to time.
Finally, you had enough and wanted to talk to her about it, so you took her to a more private place. The ocean. You both walked along the rocks that lead closer to the deep area of the big body of water, soon you stopped and turned towards her.
Speaking up you asked if everything was okay and if you did anything wrong. But what was her response?

"I hate you, you should be a piece of trash that catches a fish and kills it you damn parasite. By the way, were no longer friend's, why you may ask? Well, it's simple, you've been spreading rumors about me. Some so close to the truth of what I've only told you theirs no way it's not you that started all the gossip. Do you even realize that I'm starting to get bullied in school 'cause of you, or are you in on that as well!"

"I don't know what your talking abo-"

"Don't try and play dumb! You know what, I'm done. I'm leaving, bye."

As she's taking her first step away from you, you go to grab for her but next thing you know, your were falling downward, into the deep blue sea...

After all this time on lying down, you could still hear the muffled voices from afar or so you assumed. Finally lifting your eyelids and taking in the noises around you, everything was clearer now. But there was one thing you couldn't believe was before your eyes, more like two.
There were.. wait a minute... TWO MERMAIDS ARGUING WITH EACH OTHER!!? You were now debating if you hit your head on something on the way down, not to mention how the hell were you breathing underwater, and how you weren't dead.

You pinch yourself to see if you were asleep, nope. Jolting to your feet you instantly topple over, why, looking down at your feet there were no feet, just a (F/C) fintail. You were a mermaid, and you also got the attention of the two unknown strangers that were arguing. You noticed one seemed to have a green fintail while the other had a yellow one, they start to approach you but you already had enough, zooming your way out of there looking around frantically you spot the surface.

'Perfect, I need to get outta here.'

Not even looking back you start speeding your way to the surface, you were so close you reached your hand out upward to feel the air on your skin once more. But once again red clouded your vision, but you didn't dare let yourself go unconscious, you fought. Even though all of a sudden your mouth was covered and arms were pinned behind your back, you had an idea. If this were to be another mermaid, it's only obvious that their hand was over your mouth to silence you right?

Bite

Hearing a grunt an abruptly being set free, pushing whoever was keeping you from reaching home again and turn around. You see a mermaid with pearl white skin, mesmerizing purple eyes, a jet black mullet, and red scaled fintail. Beautiful is all you could think, but why was all you could say, only for him to glare at you messaging his bitten hand.

"What the hell are you, a dog..?"

"Excuse me?"

"You just bit me damn it, and why are you trying to escape to the surface?"

"Uh, yeah I don't know who you are but I don't have to answer your questions thank you very much! Not to mention I should be the one asking questions, like what the hell were you about to do to me just now? Who are you? How am I mermaid when last I checked I'm purely human? And haven't you done this once before?? AND I AM NOT A DOG, I USED SELF DEFENCE YOU PRICK!"

As you can tell you had many questions but not enough answers, you didn't know what was going on and this red dude obviously has something to do with it. He sat there glaring at you for a good while but finally gave out with an irritated sigh and spoke up.

"I saw you drop into the ocean and you certainly didn't intend to, and since you were human that made the matter even worse. Humans aren't supposed to know of our existence or think were myths for children, let along know where we all live. I was thinking of letting you drown, to be honest, but that's against the rules. So I used my magick to set you unconscious while in the process turning you into a mermaid so you could breathe."

"Is this your job or something..?"

"That's none of your business. Now if you don't mind you can't go back to the surface, you have to stay down here with us until the princess says so."

"And why not?"

"Do I really have to spell everything out for you, it's because you could be a danger to our species, I'm sure you can figure the rest out yourself unless you that narrow-minded of a person. Now come on I need to bring you back to Pidge and Hunk." Turning around he starts to swim off to the direction you wanted to get away from.

Quickly following behind you ask the mermaid's name, he glances over his shoulder at you responding with,

"Keith, what's your's..?"